Left handed (or right handed if your a lefty) pitch riding???

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
If I need to get the pitch on the left hand deck I cue with my left hand and pitch ride with my left hand. If I need to get the pitch on the right hand deck I cue with my right hand and pitch ride with my right hand.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
stand in the middle of the mixer and go with the flow either/or. just as good as each other really.
i kinda prefer my left slightly, even tho i'm right handed.

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
on a similar note , im right handed but scratch much better with me left hand! not that i scratch much anymore!

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
It's wierd, I think I chop n change depending on how the mix is going/what levels i'm messing with etc, if it gets sketchy, I think I always revert to my right...

Good topic though, never thought about it before.

Edit: I'm the same as Teddy with my scratching, not that I scratch anymore...

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Well I've always used my right for both an never really thought about it, but the other day I watched one of Coshh' videos in the 'post videos of yourself mixing' thread an realsed he used both hands quite easily so I decided I'm gonna use only my left hand for a week or so see how long it takes till I can pitchride aswell as I can with my right. I figure it will save me a bit of time and I will still be able to use the mixer when I've pitchriding on the left turntable.

Wellsy

VIP Junglist
Im left handed but use my right hand to pitch on cdjs, vinyl I used to use both hands equally.

EDIT: Wut!!!.... i was fecked whilst writing this post lol

Im right handed but use my left hand to pitch bend

Last edited:

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
Left for left deck - Right for right deck.

Even do the same with my CDJs. But as Moskit said, if in trouble, resort back to the trusty right hander!