LED TV's

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Thinking of getting one 2moz but I was reading that when you put an Xbox through the hdmi port, it gets a bit of lag. They have a plasma version of the same tv that's a 100 cheaper but the picture quality on the LED one was tenfold better. The TV is an LG42lv355u. Anyone got any experience with LED TV's and gaming?

Dagz

WE ARE THE MASTERS
VIP Junglist
search "Input lag" with the set you are thinking of buying

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

I got an LED and an LCD and have no problem with either.

LED are the future.
Just out of interest what LED do you have? Mine was very expensive but input lag is terrable. My LCD is excellent tho for gameing picture is fine and it was cheap wish i never got LED now.

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Thanks for the replies so far guys. Keep 'em coming. Seeming to be getting mixed views on here and on wastebook

search "Input lag" with the set you are thinking of buying

Yeah I did Google it beforehand Dagz but nothing came up.

rob_del_terror

- ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε
VIP Junglist
Yeah I got a Toshiba as well. T'was only 400 quid. Originally had a Samsung lcd, it went faulty. Went back and managed to swap it for this same priced Toshiba led. Fackin bargin. It's got hd freeview, youtube, BBC iplayer (although its not working at the mo) and Loadsa cool features.
This was the first I heard about lag, no drama lama over my way.

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Ive never heard of anything like this, LED's just refers to the backlight. The most energy efficient, durable and the best in picture quality.
The risk you run with plasma's is screen burn from still images like menus in computer games

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
jimbob .. not that i know much , but the sammy got freeview hd built in, which i thought was fairly important for me .. catch old davey attenborough docs in hd on tv and shiz ..

mistasfx

MISTA SFX
VIP Junglist
wooooaahhhhh there.....

unless ive missed out on a technological advance but theres no such thing as a LCD or LED TV in regards to how it shows the picture, its a backlighting thing. They both show the picture the same with liquid crystals.

Anyway...... Plasma TVs still own the fuck out of LCD/LED tvs so go for Plasma!