LED OR PLASMA ... what box ya rockin ?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Oct 18, 2011.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

k , so i see couple of you recently got nice tv's, and for anyone else that knows ... its confusing, LED is not new, altho they market it , like it is .. its been around bout 5 years ...

im having trouble deciding, edgelit led .. gives lights round the frame, when the picture is dark in a film or game .. but it means they can be extra thin right ..

so backlit is the way to go .. but i see you get light leakage or something, LED is LCD, just a different form of illuminating the pixels ..

so plasma, you eard the screen burn horror stories. but supposedly thats all cleared up now on newer models, and the picture looks alot smoother with no trials, so the football wont have a tail when watching footy ..

however they work better in low light, but you can sit anywhere in the room and get the same picture, and it seems plasma is more a natural looks, and LED almost looks fake due to the bright colours ..

ive got no fucking idea what to go for .. LEd look nice in the shop .. but dont want it fucking up ..

what TV ya got ?

2. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Just a normal 1080p HD plasma, not LED. LED looks cool, but i would suggest getting the very best of them if you were to get one. I dont really know what im on about though tbh but ive seen a few shitty LED ones

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i've got a 40" toshiba regza, LCD business, had no issues, but i'd go with an LED.

much nicer picture, no horrid looking lumps of black blastic round the edge, and just generally look awesome.
    then again, as for sound quality...you're gonna wanna pick up a surround sound amp and speakers. the built in speakers on the thin as fuck TV's are terrible. Saying that, the sound quality on my quite bulky 40" is terrible.

also, i know too many people that fork out for the best tv they can find even if they don't have anything that's HD.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i dont have a highway from hell directly connected to my cerebral cortex. no tv. then again i am a skag junkie so i guess it evens out.

5. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Grundig 32GLX4000 - 32" LCD, big enuff, placed pretty close. Sound quality huge and whats most important - german product.

6. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

LED is the one with the most wikedest and vibrant picture quality get samsung. dont consider plasma as the quality is noway near as good plus it rinises electricity probably being the reason why there so cheap.

7. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

My tellys and my bitch.

[​IMG]

8. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I got a 40" or 42" Samsung LED and i still get surprised over how good the picture is.

I've also got a Samsung Blu-ray player and Surround sound, its fucking booming!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  9. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

canot test samsung when it comes to picture and sound quality, recently purchased samsung surrond and it's fukin brillant watchin football and watchin movies such as troy, terminator etc

10. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

LED all the way:)

11. JamesZero

JamesZero aka Zero Beats

Are Samsung LED's any good then, even at the lower end of the market? I heard Panasonic and Sharp are some of the best but they are so so expensive.

I saw a deal on an LG LED TV a while back which I nearly went for, but after doing some reading into it, it seems they aren't very good apparently.

12. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I think Plasmas also need regasing after a few years aswell

13. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

samsung is the best when it comes to picture quality, sony is the best for sound but the picture is not as good. LG is the sister company of samsung.

14. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

OLED, theres sum awsome screen/tv's about now. Plasma use a fuk load of power compared to led/oled

15. EWOKS

so, look like none of you have done much research ...plasma dont use that much more electric anymore, they used to .. they are alot better now, maybe 20 quid a year more electric or something, if you watch it alot and play game alot ...

16. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

Plasma needs nearly double the electricity that OLED requires

17. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

exactly correct, in the long term you will be spending more on maintaining plasmas

18. EWOKS

can you link me to the blue ray player you got, and the tv that you got ... is it edge lit LED , and really thin and sleek , or is it backlit , and abt more chunky .. its funny, coz ppl go for edgelit, because they a slimmer and look noice and compact, which is what ppl go for .. smaller = better nowadays .. so the manufacturer builds what people want and markets them as the best t.v.'s ... when infact, their chunkier counterpart .. the backlit LED tv's, which cant be as thin .. have a much nice picture quality ..

can you link me to ure tv and blu ray player .. these are my two next purchases :)

wanna make sure its got hd freeview .. and usb port , so i can *cough* download films, straight onto my external hard-drive, and plug it in the side of the tv .. and watch films like that..

i like brihgt and colourful , however, certain ppl dont think it is a 'true' natural image, as it colours stuff and makes it more vibrant than real life .. personally i like that .. but some people prefer the smoothness and natural side of plasma ..

rekon im gunna go full array backlit LED samsung 42" freeview hd muhfugga ..

just need to find a decent samsung blu ray player ... get some blu ray doovdes .. and then fap

19. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

You wanna be looking at led backlit so the tv provides vibrant quality all over the screen, they were very think and so sleek.

20. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

LED and LCD are different. Light emitting Diodes. and Liquid crystal display!