learning to use serum but need help actually getting the sounds into ableton

JUSON

ok so i've been trying to find how to do this for a few days now but i can't figure out how once i have made the sound i want in serum, how to actually put these sounds into ableton. i'm guessing this is a very silly question as i cant find it anywhere else online but would really appreciate the help.

i'm using ableton live 9.

thanks guys!

using it as a vst in ableton. Just cant figure out how to record the sounds into the track

The easiest way is to record your Serum part in as MIDI. Then right click the clip and choose flatten. Flatten means that you cannot make any more changes to the synth or effects. You can un-flatten if you want.

Next right click the clip again and choose freeze. This will convert your clip into audio. This action cannot be undone.

Alternatively, you could just record enable a new track, choose Audio From the track that has Serum on it and just start recording.

The easiest way is to record your Serum part in as MIDI. Then right click the clip and choose flatten. Flatten means that you cannot make any more changes to the synth or effects. You can un-flatten if you want.

Next right click the clip again and choose freeze. This will convert your clip into audio. This action cannot be undone.

Alternatively, you could just record enable a new track, choose Audio From the track that has Serum on it and just start recording.
thanks for the reply, thats the part I'm actually struggling with, how to actually record it into ableton. so which button to press in ableton to allow the midi track that serum is being used in to record the sounds i am creating through serum.

thanks for the reply, thats the part I'm actually struggling with, how to actually record it into ableton. so which button to press in ableton to allow the midi track that serum is being used in to record the sounds i am creating through serum.

In Session view which is where you can see the faders, click the button with the white circle at the very bottom to the left of the fader.

Back
Top Bottom