Leaked Tunes - Where Do they come from?

Dj Slit

I recently posted a mix with a leaked tune on it (which i didnt even realise it was not meant to be out) that i got off a friends computer.

Where do these leaked tunes come from? Surely it must start with someone inside putting the mp3 somewhere where people can download it?

Loads of possibilities but everyone's against it because it damages the industry.

The artist may have sent original copies around a bit too freely, and someone sent it to all their mates, then they sent it to all their mates etc.

Recorded from a dubplate by someone.

They may have left a CD in a club by accident and some punter picked it up.

Basically the artist wants some hype about the tune, so wants people to hear it before the release, but not for everyone to have a MP3 from limewire.

gnomesnz8.png

i swear some artists leak on purpose.... usually a unfinished or unmastered version... and usually leaked as a 128 or 96kps.... if its not done this way then its usually one of their "mates" that they have been talking to on MSN or AIM.... this "mate" then sends it to another mate and says "looks what i got from Original Sin... dont send it to anyone else!!".... and then that guy just puts it up on youtube... and then its all over.... the whole world has it!

quite frankly.... the moment the artist makes it an mp3 he is asking for it to be leaked.... he has no need for the mp3... why would he if hes got a WAV of it???

I remember someone saying something on the lines of..

Someone will have a small clip of it, cut a part out, and loop it over and over so it sounds like the full tune

Its in another thread somewhere with a better description, don't ask me where i have no idea!

I've wondered this for a while aswell...

Fair enough I understand producers an people saying suport the scene when the tune will be released... But I aint gonna feel guilty for having a unreleased tune i.e. A Bit Patchy (Sub Focus Remix), Triple X etc.. and all the sick VIP's that dont get released as the producer isnt losing out if he aint gonna release it anyway... Also if I get a good dub, I will always purchase the vinyl when it comes out anyway as I prefer mixing with vinyls... An I wouldnt do a set on cdj's so the tune is normally for mine and only mine listening pleasure... If I was a big producer and I knew I was never going to legally be able to release a tune i.e. something like Sub Focus - World Of Hurt which is an absolute anthem if you ask me then I would bootleg it an say fuck you to the owners of the sample or just give it away in mp3 format, whats the point in created a big tune like that if no one is going to be able to enjoy it, I mean the tunes stopped getting played all ready, so in a year or so I dont think you will ever hear it again... So I agree with tunes like these getting leaked. Fair enough it is someones work but what did he create the tune for? To be heard...

i know for a fact that some are leaked by the so-called professional djs they get sent to. in some cases it's a rival record company's future release. need i say more? :(

Someone will have a small clip of it, cut a part out, and loop it over and over so it sounds like the full tune

Its in another thread somewhere with a better description, don't ask me where i have no idea!

LOL surely that wouldnt work!?

could be "five finger freddy" at the dubplate cutting house stealing wax :teeth:

i know for a fact that some are leaked by the so-called professional djs they get sent to. in some cases it's a rival record company's future release. need i say more? :(

Thats a bit snide aint it?

I always thought it was just producer sends tune to mate, who sends to mate, who sends to mate, and somewhere along the line the producers original intentions of not sharing it out has gotten lost.

thats not a leak. thats a chop

Back
Top Bottom