Lazy arse good for nothings

MuffMan

Just a word up to SOME people on this forum. When a track is finished, if you've spent shit loads of time on it, your ears become num to it, so anything that needs changing or improving is hard to pick up. So i find asking for crits when a track is finished or nearly finished in my opinion is the best way.

If you create a few bars and post it asking if you should go further with it, you wont learn anything, it's up to you to find your own format.

- - - Updated - - -

init

Hahaha... For really.

That's how you end up with a hard drive full of unfinished shit. Getting in to the habit of finishing tunes even if they are shit is valuable man.

To be honest, I didn't notice anyone asking for creative directions here. Normally people ask for technical stuff, so they can apply to their songs.

Just a word up to SOME people on this forum. When a track is finished, if you've spent shit loads of time on it, your ears become num to it, so anything that needs changing or improving is hard to pick up. So i find asking for crits when a track is finished or nearly finished in my opinion is the best way.

If you create a few bars and post it asking if you should go further with it, you wont learn anything, it's up to you to find your own format.

- - - Updated - - -

init

disagree here, whats the point in finishing a whole a track in the early stages if it really is just shite, you'll end up getting depressed and move on anyways. I regs send 32 bar loops out to mates, make sure its tight as fuck like a finished track and see what they say. can deffo help wasting bare time on something rubbish.

but kinda agree to certain extent putting on a forum.

just take your time and finish! thats all that counts and matters bro hahaha! I learned 100% of my sound physics on my own, no school, nothing, just purely understanding and learning the ways of the universe. Tesla did the same, except he pursued physics and alternate power sources to fuel... im doing the same with mine, now go do your beautiful work as well with whatever your heart wants to achieve! simple! :) i wish you the best of luck brother! :boobies:

just take your time and finish! thats all that counts and matters bro hahaha! I learned 100% of my sound physics on my own, no school, nothing, just purely understanding and learning the ways of the universe. Tesla did the same, except he pursued physics and alternate power sources to fuel... im doing the same with mine, now go do your beautiful work as well with whatever your heart wants to achieve! simple! :) i wish you the best of luck brother! :boobies:

with no offence intended, do you enjoy using psychoactive drugs? learning the ways of the universe is pretty deep

It's called a demo. Some people like a bit of positive reinforcement before they commit to finishing a whole track.

But I do believe you can get into a vicious cycle where you only make demos and never actually finish tracks which is obviously a bad thing - I'm guilty as charged by the way!

play it in your car and on different shit systems. you will hear whats wrong with it cus you already have it sounding "good" out your monitors

with no offence intended, do you enjoy using psychoactive drugs? learning the ways of the universe is pretty deep

None at all taken brother! haha yeah sometimes I always enjoy a good exploration in consciousness! I responsibly eat mushrooms or something. And I always moderate use and never lose control, or eat hard drugs.. i love natural things. Plants and organisms are hand in hand best friends. Some are still harmful but when used right, at least the nonharmful ones such as cannabis will work properly on ones mine and clearly focus you on the status at hand! But I do have a medical cannabis license too so I smoke that on the daily! it helps ALOT! clears up soo much stuff nd clutter! and seeing things and doing things from the perspective of energy and the universe is a beautiful thing my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

init
I guess I can agree w/ this. That's why I've been off for a while and will probably be irregularly dropping in for a while; just noticed I wasn't getting any fucking tunes finished. I seem to work better when I'm just in my own little world and plugging along until things happen to be done, and moving on. Once something's done it's best to not linger on it, I've learned.

I don't seem to do well at all working on stuff and socializing (in person or online) at the same time; has to be one or the other for me and I still ain't put nothing up for real, so there's that xD.

But yeah, I was just not putting in my fair share and just dropping excuses, so now I'm doubling down on getting some shit done. I just gotta insulate myself in my own little bubble until then. Also reminds me to search through my flash drive and dump out any projects that just aren't worth salvaging (there are dozens of such).

- - - Updated - - -

^^ Me? lolol

It's LSD, ain't it? Just say it.

Back
Top Bottom