layered sounds?? fl5??

El Prophet

when it comes to layering sounds for bass's do you just copy the patch and then use the parametric EQ to set the frequency can some one plz plz plz plz plz plz tell me how to go about layering sounds

iv got a phat sound in the dx10 that i think would make a really good sub bass:) but i dont know hot to go about making it into a sub :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x ...........................................................................................................................:-x

El Prophet said:
when it comes to layering sounds for bass's do you just copy the patch and then use the parametric EQ to set the frequency can some one plz plz plz plz plz plz tell me how to go about layering sounds

iv got a phat sound in the dx10 that i think would make a really good sub bass:) but i dont know hot to go about making it into a sub :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x ...........................................................................................................................:-x
I'd probably use a filter to low/hi pass a sound.

Try the FL Free Filter for starters.

Oh, just clone the channel to make a copy :)

so do i clone a channel and keep all the preset settings the same, people go on about setting one layer at low frequencies and another layer at high frequencies...how do i set the frequencies and why do you apply a filter or lowpass filter

people can tell me do this or do that but i have to understand why you have to do this or that....

like you have to learn the alphabet to be able to spell

El Prophet said:
so do i clone a channel and keep all the preset settings the same, people go on about setting one layer at low frequencies and another layer at high frequencies...how do i set the frequencies and why do you apply a filter or lowpass filter

people can tell me do this or do that but i have to understand why you have to do this or that....

like you have to learn the alphabet to be able to spell
Well you've just answered the question yourself.

You apply a (hi or low pass) filter to keep or cut either the hi or low frequencies of a sound or synth.

One channel would have have a hi pass on it, starting from say 200Hz, the other would have a low pass filter on it, cutting from 200Hz downwards.

The best thing you can do is try it (y)

a sub needs no layering mate. layering is very useful when youre looking to add character to a bass. say you have a nice gritty distorted bass stab. but its lacking sub and the mids are interefering with the drums. take two copies of the same sample, lowpass one and high pass the other, layer and thats basically the jist of it. heres a good thread on the subject

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=19505

when were talking about subs we are talking about super sharp shooter style bass aint we or taxman style...that sort of air inflated bass:monkey:

super sharp shooter bass is just one sample

taxman style bass is different, you can layer a sub with another sound or you can just make the one sound fat enough

so its possible for me to just find a bass in one synth and it could be good enough to use as at is, can someone tell some more cool fx and methods of making and tweaking bass's and what is a sub then?:monkey:

would have to be a fantastical super synth with a cape with a big 'S' hangin out the claviature and the ability to make coffe as well as holographic projections, (i.e nordlead or virus) but yeah its possible.
which taxman do you mean, the tune or the artist?

El Prophet said:
so its possible for me to just find a bass in one synth and it could be good enough to use as at is, can someone tell some more cool fx and methods of making and tweaking bass's and what is a sub then?:monkey:
Basically, the sub is the power of the bass with no mids or tops. I.e. if you take your dx10 sound, low pass filter it down to 150 hz-200hz (as SDM said) that will leave you with sub and nothing else.
the point about eqing separate elements so tighly is to do with the Nyquist Principle.
click here to read about it or just google it
:gslayer:

add 3 samples, say kick, hi and snare.
add 'layer'.
set layerchildren and click the box that says something about something i cant remember what. but thatll put kick on c5, hi on c#5 and snare on d5, instead of all samples on one channel. highly functional!

You can tweak the individual samples pitch, ADSR and all but i still recommend a vst sampler or even better, an outboard sampler. Assign them on different fx channels and bus them into one light compressor and you got some pretty powerful layering under one press of a keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom