Lawsuit seeks right to decline financial responsibility for kids

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Knmo_Elitist, May 2, 2006.

1. Knmo_Elitist

Knmo_Elitist Boh bo BOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!

2. soundgirl

soundgirl Queen of the Stupids

i don't think that link is working...

3. Knmo_Elitist

it worked for me....

4. soundgirl

okay, it DOES work.

i can see the NCM's point here. ultimately, it is a woman's choice if she wants to keep the child. i know so many cases with my male friends where they have in effect been 'trapped' into a relationship because of a child. however, it takes two to tango, and in a lot of cases, these guys should have thought with their brains and not with their dicks. this is a tricky one. at the end of the day though:

"It's about the rights of the child."

if a woman DOES decide to keep the kid, that kid should be BOTH party's main concern. let's not forget this is a LIFE we are talking about here. and if a child is going to suffer because daddy doesn't want to know, then that's just plain irresponsible and unfair on someone who has no choice themselves.

5. Knmo_Elitist

but at the same time how is it fair to a guy if the chick he's with lies to him and tells him she's on the pill, or whatever and the condom breaks...? I'm sorry but we got wraped up in a world where women demanded to be equal with men, that now men have less "rights". honestly if a couple gets a divorce who gets damn near everything? the woman... if a woman says rape (even if it didn't happen) a man gets screwed... and now if they accidently get preggers well the man is again screwed... So yes it does take two to tango, but both parties need to protect themselves... (btw i can't wait to have kids someday...)

6. soundgirl

i understand what you're saying. but i don't have the answers. that's what i mean - what the fuck do you do in a situation like that?

i feel sorry for any guy who gets 'lied' to. and i know this DOES happen - i've seen it. at the same time, there's a whole bunch of CSA dodgers out there, who don't pay up when they should. unless each case is investigated in depth, how the fuck can you judge who pays and who doesn't? surely it's near on impossible...

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i edited this post cos it was a bit too harsh.
    there is nothing to stop a woman from having your firstborn against your will, and thats scary to say the least. it happened to my man and hes a full on criminal speed addict. he wouldnt have none of it but now hes even more screwed up cos he feels enormous guilt over not seeing his son.
    but we have to make do i suppose.

Last edited: May 3, 2006