Latest Work in Progress -

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by joncarr, Aug 17, 2012.

1. joncarr

joncarr New Member

ez all, just wanted to share a work in progress with you and see if anybody was willing to tear it apart and provide some constructive....CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I don't claim to be a production ninja but it seems I have trouble with filling out my tracks with enough interesting content to get me to that next level in my productions. I have a hard time, especially, with keeping my beats interesting and FLOWING. I can chop them and through them into a sampler and go nuts on it but it seems to lose any kind of theme, or rhythm that works with the rest of the track. Also, i tend to produce in such a linear way the track gets boring quick so I'm open to any ideas and thoughts on keeping the tracks interesting and powerful. Anyways, here is a link to the wip..

Any feedback is welcome!

2. nusphere

nusphere Member

I think the drum programming sounds great. I think the kick needs to be a bit heavier maybe distorted slightly? I think you could leave a little more space with the musical elements so they have more impact stand out more individually. I like this allot though mate.

3. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

the drums sound sick mate real sick. i think youve filled the drop out too much though, sounds kinda messy

4. joncarr

joncarr New Member

Thanks so much for the comments fellas and kind words!! Both comments heeded and and I agree with both of you guys :)

5. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

i think you just need to be a bit more mature with placing your wobbles & fx's really. as it stands i'd find it quite hard to dance to this in a club, dunno about you. it has a dancefloor vibe (rather than sat at home vibe) just lacks the groove.

keep us posted

6. horace111

horace111 My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)

I agree with the other guys, I like the overal groove and drop but percussion is a bit messy after the drop. I'm looking forward to hearing the finished track :)

7. joncarr

joncarr New Member

Thanks, will keep you posted. :)