Latest work in progress. Neuro style tune. Need some opinions!

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
Last edited:
Sounds awesome so far, really loving the sub. As for progression ideas, this may be stupid/obvious, but change the beat up. I know when I get stuck, I'll sometimes play with the drums a bit and all of a sudden I've got new inspiration. Can't wait to see how this one turns out, keep at it.

I like it so far. Good groove. Sounds a bit thin at parts (mostly the synths) so maybe beef some up. But I like it overall. nice work.

After the drop every 4th snare could be the one that hits just before the drop, that might be nice. Agree the synth layers over the sub sound ok, but only in an average way. After the drop it lacks some 'bite' however you want to go about that. Promising tho, yes.

After the drop every 4th snare could be the one that hits just before the drop, that might be nice. Agree the synth layers over the sub sound ok, but only in an average way. After the drop it lacks some 'bite' however you want to go about that. Promising tho, yes.

cheers for the feedback mate. im hoping it will bite a bit more when its mixed properly, still very early days. thanks for the feedback, will deff try the snare idea!

Hey man really nice composition here- definitely think you should finish this one! Those synths really wanna be beefed up to really ensnare the listener! Also the drums are a little exposed at times so it would be nice to have more variation in them - random fills or bits with extra percussion layers etc. good work though!

Hey man really nice composition here- definitely think you should finish this one! Those synths really wanna be beefed up to really ensnare the listener! Also the drums are a little exposed at times so it would be nice to have more variation in them - random fills or bits with extra percussion layers etc. good work though!

nice one man, id love to be able to make my drums even a tenth as good as yours. that tune in your sig is serious! ill deffinately try and vary the drums. thanks for checking

Really nice mate ! Although I'd say the hihats were a bit annoying nearing the end, maybe their a bit too loud or just a bit too prominent I don't know.

Really nice mate ! Although I'd say the hihats were a bit annoying nearing the end, maybe their a bit too loud or just a bit too prominent I don't know.

nice one man, ill turn them down a little bit in that case. glad you like the general vibe, nearly finished it now!

Take this with a pinch of salt as I don't really know Neuro that well, but usually when i do hear it the bass has a bit more movement. You seem to have the stabs going well but I'd usually expect them to change a little via a bit more automation/filters etc. so I'd work on that before thinking about adding some more. What you have sounds nice though, good work :)

Take this with a pinch of salt as I don't really know Neuro that well, but usually when i do hear it the bass has a bit more movement. You seem to have the stabs going well but I'd usually expect them to change a little via a bit more automation/filters etc. so I'd work on that before thinking about adding some more. What you have sounds nice though, good work :)

Thanks for the feefback. your right about the bass, i think the sub has enough movement but i need to move the stabs a bit your right. anyway ive updated the clip again and its below too. added a few bits, not sure about the end at all tho.

https://soundcloud.com/mikeg123/neuro-tune-wip-v2/s-obGdb

Production is spot on tbh. The synths ARE high passed, but this is the style as the low mid bass is covered with that resonant square/triangle going on, you might end up with muddyness if you start lowering the filter.. The percussion is clear and clean, the sub is spot on, present and not muddy. The only thing is the track itself haha, but that's easily sorted, the basics are all there, you just need to get some variations going and add a few details. Really love the close hats on this, I like the looseness, if that makes sense.

This is someone who obviously listens to Shogun audio records....you should send it in when you get this finished.

The track as an idea is real cool, I love those mid Bass Stabs, great sound! Gets real repetitive though, could do with some variations, or bringing those high synths in a bit earlier.

A potential banger!

sounds really nice, id layer up the main bass sound though, thicken everything up - not saying it sounds bad as it is, but things can always sound even better!

Back
Top Bottom