Dubstep latest dubstep track, looking for serious/picky feedback on mixdown and levels etc

W3st

Unsigned DnB Producer
Re: latest dubstep track, looking for serious/picky feedback on mixdown and levels e

Sounds like any other commercial dubstep you hear. Which in my opinion is not a good thing! I mean, I respect the production that goes into it, but I hate what these producers have done to the genre! If you want to get more involved in dubstep, steer clear of this commercial shit and research Kryptic Minds, Mala, Distance, N-Type etc. Now thats dubstep!

Check out the group that I am part of...."Dead Noise System" http://soundcloud.com/deadnoisesystem

If you wanna hook up andcollab on something a little more "Underground" then let me know

Re: latest dubstep track, looking for serious/picky feedback on mixdown and levels e

I understand what you're saying, what if I changed the genre to mainstream dubstep, would you critique it then? haha I guess all I'm saying is I enjoy the energy of mainstream dubstep, and I'd like some feedback on the production quality of the song, not the note/synth choice

I would be interested in a collaboration though.

ez

Sounds well made, i love the little glitch you did with the voice & the snares.
also maybe its my headphones but hi ends sounds a little bit harsh sometimes.

Sorry man, had to say what I thought!

So yeah, the mix. Like said above, the high frequencies are a little harsh, and dominate the mix quite dramatically! Apart from that tho it's spot on! Tame the high end down and you're onto a winner! I would be interested in getting my hands on the stems to this track to do a remix for sure!

thanks guys. i agree on the highs... mixdown-ed on several systems but i do notice the highs are quite harsh at times.

and fletch if you want the stems to the original track i used the original, there are no acapellas or stems. unless you want the stems from my remix

always struggle to give u feedback, but your defo on the same sorta feel as me, im well into commercial mainstream hence all the anthem chords n bullshit on my tunes haha, i dont believe shit has to persistently be 'underground' to be good or cool, because if underground became mainstream all those apparently 'true' fans would fuck off and find something else they can attempt to call 'underground' - to me the mix seems mint, but it seems like there could be more stereo elements to it, the snare pans were sick!! but all the synths and sounds are too mono , i always spread all my shit out like butter its probably a bad habit but thats just my opinion - excellent work though!

Back
Top Bottom