latest Drum and Bass tune-Axis-Reality check

Hi Glenemy...
Nice tune you got here...
The bass line that comes in at 44 sec is really fatty but maybe a bit too louder imo...
Nice also the melody...
Keep up the good work

Love & Light & Beats

Drums need to layered, especially that snare. if your struggling to get beats sounding full, use breaks, they have the fills and rolls to fill your drums out already.

bass is good fun, like that warp warp at the end of the bars, it does get repeative after a while tho, variaton is the key.

And id recommend FLStudio, i know several producer that use it (me included) and all produce as good a tune any other out there.

yeah thank's for the feedback on the track Jay, I thought the drums/percussion need more aswell, on my other tune Kali-mist I made I was quite pleased with the drums. I tried to give the track (reality check) more variation through the synths, and as for Reason I'm just about done with it, I don't like the sound you get out of it, people have said that if you bypass the mixer and use reason as a slave with something like Cubase it sort's the sound out as Reason's mixer is the problem.
But it depend's on the ability of the user to what sound you get out of anything I suppose

To be honest, there's a lot things to make in in tune to make it sound decent. I really don't know what's the sound you're after but this sounds pretty simple to me. I think the drums really need layering and some "rolling". Maybe some ghost hits and hihats with a longer decay? Bass is pretty synth preset sounding to me. I'm not saying it is but needs more processing imo. Some pads and mellowing atmos would'nt hurt either. Sorry if I sound like an ass, I'm just saying I what I think. I'm gonna check this out with my headphones later, now I'm listening through some 80s panasonic ghetto boomblaster stereo. About changing to fruity, It's your call but you can get a good sound out of Reason also. The only reason I could think moving from Reason to Fruity would be vst support which is something I couldn't live without. Anyway, keep on producing! :typing:

Thank's for the feedback Ilju, and I apreciate the honesty, as it can help me not to make the same mistakes again.
also I have no knowledge of term's in music production as evrything I've learnt has been by myself as I have'nt had any one to show me or give advice, so when you say stuff like a Ghost hit I have no Idea what to do to make that, and layering drum's does that mean like have two snare's at once, I would be grateful if you or someone could tell me about it, if you have the time.
And the Vst's on fruity are part of my decision to change to fruity, but I just find track's I've started making on fruity tend to sound better in general.

Yeh, I know what you mean. It's not a long time I didn't know about stuff like that neither. Well, ghost hits are for example weaker snare hits that make the break roll. You can hear those in most of the old funk breaks. And layering is exactly what you said. Play multiple sounds at the same time to achieve the desired sound. Like adding a punchy snare layer if the drum sounds too weak or a dirty one if the snare sounds too clean for the tune etc. Keep studying :finger: I don't think I'm a pro or something. Haven't even seriously produced dnb but for an year and a half or so.

thanks for explaining the ghost hit an stuff Ilju, big up, and thank's for the feedback Drymansound, much appreciated, I agree with the Eqing it's not one of my stronger points.
Once again thank's to everyone for your advice feedback etc, respect

Back
Top Bottom