Last Train Home

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist

This is the track that came about from Kama's 'deaf man challenge'

It's a WIP, but I just want to get some feedback now before it gets doomed to the 'unfinished' pile.

The visual for this in my head was a little midget robot man leaving town walking to catch the last train.

Any feedback on anything that sounds ok or not....it's all good.

I really like the beginning reminds me alot of Keep it Low from kemo and lynx and i really like the bass at 00:58 i dont know about the sitar thing thats goin on in there i would had stuck with the grimey minimalistic shit, but thats me. lol. And the second drop is kewl put the bass has a weird feel to it but i like it. I would say keep workin on it and get grimier less fluff keep tha funk and this would be a wicked little chune.

This can become some sick shit!
I agree with getting it grimier, that would fit it perfectly I think.

i like it, dont make it grittier imo, the sitar bit wasnt bad, maybe just make it more.. subtle or something, i really like the odd vibe and the overall sound, technically, appeals to me. bassline when it drops is wicked, good job

Thanks Dexter, that sitar ish lead sound isn't quite right when it first comes in yet. More subtle sounds good. I think I prefer it at 3:15 when it sits around the one note?

Think I'll try and finish this version as it is and then try and make a darker grittier version.

Cheers for checking :)

Hmmm... the weird Pitch Modulated Pad sound makes me think of Bladerunner for some reason (sounds 80s futureistic). That vocal trickery during the Brkdwn is weeeeeeeird but I like it : )

The lead around 1:25 is cool (the notes and patch). Cool hearing it take the listener straight into the main BrkDwn. That vocal 'thing' is really cool. The 'gimme a funky ass bassline' doesn't go with the tune at all imo, but it "works" for your intention which is to introduce the listener to the Bass with a cheeky vocal sample (I assume).

Your PERC: interesting how the first KD is on the 1 and the other 3 have slinky timing... really adds an interesting swingy shuffle to the beat... as if I'm being directed to go somewhere.

Overall, it's not something I'd listen to... but I think your vision of the song makes enough sense. It'd be really awesome if you had the where with all to make a video to go along with this... because at that point it would all make a lot more sense.

5:15 - 5:20 (hahaha, that Train sample was cool!!!, out of nowhere but my ears liked it).

I say you've put 'this' much time and effort into it, you might as well finish it. Who knows... someone might agree with your visualization of the track and want to make a vid with it. Or if you're into Video Editing I suppose you could do it yourself.

Thanks Proto, great feedback, that's why I asked!

The vocal sound is an Albino patch I made. I just like the idea that a synth can be made to sound human. Still working on it but I have a go every now and then.

love this mate, got a bouncy step on the drums, and the bassline is absolutly fat. wicked effects going on... agree with critical, completly think this should go darker.. I would love to layer those drums so they punch in properly in the mix... im on some shit speakers but just doesnt seem like the snare is hitting hard enough... i reckon maybe the kick and snare need to come out more with some low ends and tingz... but yeah vibes.. bassline is rude

Thanks Fletch

@Lucid, really haven't spent much time mixing this down, just as I went. It seems if I spend too much time mixing before the tune is properly finished I never finish it lol. Yeah the snare is just a rim shot, more minimal, doesn't change at all. The kick doesn't have any variation at all, but I find that easiest to do last. I'll see if I can't get it to sit in the mix better. Cheers.

Love the bit crushed melody before the drop, the bass after that is so very nice and deep!
Lovely groove on the drums and i'm liking the eastern sounding melodies.

haha thats cool, heard it in the podcast and had to dig up this thread!!! sounds good in the mix ;)

big ups^^^^

listened to it just now and liked it pretty much. would have liked the drums to be bigger but thats personal preference i suppose.

big ups! nice tune mate :)

yeah again, i went back to this thread a few good times to listen to the track again, really cool, awesome bassline, sounding pro, you got a real atmosphere and style to most of your tracks

i really like the pads, love them, sick bass, love the swinging feel to this tune, sick as fuck, theres something truly cool about this tune that i can't put my finger on, finish it and hook me a 320. love the bass line

Back
Top Bottom