LAST.FM

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
Does anyone else use it?
i think its pretty awesome.
been using it for about a year now i think.

Pretty much stores what tracks/artists you listen to
and recommends new ones to you and keeps track on
what you listen to the most and etc

here's mine
http://www.last.fm/user/chloebarbieux

Jacomelli

J4COM3LL1
VIP Junglist
Na, but it looks pretty cool...gonna check it out.

thanks for the headsup =)

spiderfran286

"Yes, squid pro roe..."
VIP Junglist
i use it now and again, i got alot of music on my pc neway so i dont go on it that much, unless im at a mates that has no music

Controller

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
VIP Junglist
I use this now and again. It's a great way of finding new artists similar to stuff you already like.

Addme: controllerbeats

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
would use it but my laptops chok a blok with music.

I have about a gig memory left and its a 120gig hdd

Yorkshire Tony

VIP Junglist
dont use it that often, but it has some cool things on it. i like the fact you can type in a group./band/artist and it'll give recommendations for simlilar music

Yorkshire Tony

VIP Junglist
get an external hard drive pal, i got a 250gb one other month and it is brilliant. means ya can carry ya music to mates and stuff too

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
get an external hard drive pal, i got a 250gb one other month and it is brilliant. means ya can carry ya music to mates and stuff too
only thing i use my laptop for nowdays is to come on dnb forum and play music
i do everything else on my mac.

i just use my mp4 player and plug it into my mates xbox360/ps3

Snowgirl

VIP Junglist
That looks cool...I can see what you're listening to right now as well! That's crazy!

Yahoo had something a bit like this, I got really annoyed with how they split music up though, they didn't have enough categories which made it a bit awkward. I can't remember exactly, but like dnb would've been under dance or something stupid, so you'd get loads of other random stuff you didn't like. I made that example up, but it was that kind of thing.

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
snowgirl have you seen what they have done in hmv?

merged dnb and all the other electric genres together in the vinyl section.
its pissed me right off, i complaned to a guy who worked there.

i actually went abit over the top, i started goin on a rant on how shit house is and that it should even be next to dnb.

i got asked to leave.
i did.

Naib

yer Last.FM is great ( _Naib_ )
prob is it doesn't track internet radio (been listning to Digitally Imported DnB for the last year or so)

Snowgirl

VIP Junglist

i actually went abit over the top, i started goin on a rant on how shit house is and that it should even be next to dnb.

i got asked to leave.
i did.
Hahaha...I'd have loved to have seen that! I can just imagine 'HOUSE IS CRAP, IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS DNB, LET ALONE SHARING A SHELF'...I bet the bloke was loving it :lol:

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist

i got asked to leave.
i did.
i know it's frustrating but hmv couldn't give a fuck about vinyl as they only earn pennies from it. hmv are struggling big time with sales, and will probably collapse in the next couple of years, then you won't have anyone to moan to.

sad to say vinyl is dying bigtime due to mp3's and the internet.

that's the reality.

*Chloe

VIP Junglist
That looks cool...I can see what you're listening to right now as well! That's crazy!

Yahoo had something a bit like this, I got really annoyed with how they split music up though, they didn't have enough categories which made it a bit awkward. I can't remember exactly, but like dnb would've been under dance or something stupid, so you'd get loads of other random stuff you didn't like. I made that example up, but it was that kind of thing.
yeh it doesnt do that, its literally has every subgenre you can think of
and you can make pages for artist that you have that last fm doesnt have and etc.