DnB lasiien - Acheron

Feeling this mate. It's Different from a lot that's about. Vocal works well. Nice and eerie.. Only listening on my phone so can't here the bass properly, but the main lead sounds like it could be a touch grittier, but that could be my phone, so ignore it if that's the case. :)

The intro was good imo, really liked the bells. The buildup could be more intense but the main thing I feel that this is lacking is a more roaring mid-bass.

It's a good tune with great ideas, it really is. But I think all of the sounds could be a bit more "agressive" more punch and slam if u know what I mean? Keep at it man :)

It is eerie and energetic at the same time, yes. I agree with most of what everyone said, especially about bringing the drums out. Also, maybe you could bring the vocals back in the end, maybe the one you started the song off with. Other than that, I don't have much to add; it's a great track.

I like the muffled drum parts in the intro, they've got nice heft; makes me think of a guy just going crazy on some toms, really letting loose. I gotta agree with some of the previous comments here; once we get to the drop, it's a cool progression and rhythms and all that, but I think the sustained bass you have that's kind of providing the low end could stand to be distorted and torn up, and then modulated with filters and the like. Of course, the lowest end should stay clean, but maybe do some freq splitting and just destroy the mids and highs. Slap ohmicide on there or something, then write in some automation that keeps the energy moving forward into each downbeat, if you know what I mean (like, filters relatively closed at beginning of each note, then swell open towards the next note, with variations to taste). Could really boost this track, I think. Really cool stuff as is though, it's got good DNA, if you know what I mean. Drums could come up a bit in volume I think. Keep it up man!

Back
Top Bottom