Laptop Stands!

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Teddy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Morning and all that jazz

I needs me a laptop stand, having trouble finding one suitable.

my set up looks like this....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would like to put the laptop above the mixer in the middle of the stand but as you can see there isn't much room at the back avaliable to bolt a stand down.

found this
    [​IMG]
    but its from dj deckstands and i'd rather not give them anything let alone £45

or this one
    [​IMG]

the legs on it are way to big to fit on my stand but it looks like i can take them off and bolt down the small part, but still not 100% convinced it will fit.

anyone got anything similar or know of any recomendations, that would be sweet.

cheers ears

2. DJ Summit

DJ Summit Member

nice deckstand where did you get it?

i have my laptop beside my left turntable because when i´m playing out the chance that i can put it in front of me is realy small and i want same the arrangment at home like in the clubs, could confuse me when the laptop is in front of me @ home and on the left @ the club.

sorry that i wrote offtopic ^^

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

the stand is from djdeckstands! i wouldn't recomend using them unless u like making phone calls and chasing people up who obviously dont care enough to provide some sort of customer service.
    which is why id rather not purchase the first laptop stand coz its from those wingnuts, but having trouble finding a similar product elsewhere.

4. demonicdnb

demonicdnb got duct-tape?

i have that second one. there is a kit that makes it have clamps instead of feet.
    but yes the legs do come off, and it would be a breeze to bolt down. also the height is adjustable. and if i remember right those stands are pretty easy on the wallet. i got mine for about 20$ u.s. so around 30#'s ?

5. demonicdnb

demonicdnb got duct-tape?

if you look closely there are two machine screws holding the legs on. just run some wood screws through there. hell buy two since they're so cheap. or one now and one later, so you never have to take the one off your stand.