laptop stands

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by hyperd4eva, Jan 6, 2014.

1. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

hi guys,

iv been looking for a laptop stand suitable for my set up. iv brought a couple but had to send them back due to it not sitting high enough.

I have an expedia bookshelf with my decks on so needed one with clamps. unfortunately these just aren't tall enough to sit above my mixer. so i was hoping to get one that fits a xone 92 and can sit underneath the xone. If not i guess a tripod will be the other option.

Anyone got any recommendations around the 30 - 40 quid mark?

2. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

Make your own! I'll take a picture of mine when I get home

3. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

You aint gonna get much for £40 in the stand market unfortunately mate. Save up some more cash and take a look at the stanton uber stand or a crane stand.

I had the same issue as you, my bench wasnt big enough for my gear + lappy. I ended up buying a shelf in the same material from ikea, 2 metal shelf clamps and bolted it on the end of the desk. Cost me £20 and I use a £20 lappy stand.

4. Techniqueoffice

Techniqueoffice Active Member

5. Vacaro

Vacaro Member

Definitely Crane stand. Its more expensive, but worth the money. I had my doubts when I bough it, but after my first gig, proved invaluable. Durable, robust and easy to take with you.

....I promise I'm not a bot or a Crane Stand rep, just a fan. Also, they're trying to Kickstart a new model, which looks promising: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crane/crane-elite-laptop-stand