Laptop dj'ing vs the real thing

yes indeed, but he was mixing metal so not exactly rocket science, also i am a lover of the warmth of the sound drum n bass has on vinyl so thats why i prefer it.
dont be offended if u mix on cds, no harm intended. i just personally feel that the ease of cds over the hassle of vinyl doesnt justify not wanting to do it and i find u get more satisfaction from vinyl cos uv worked feckin hard for it!!
safe
j

"real" dj's mix vinyl, buts thats my personal opinion, if i went out for a dnb night i would be annoyed to see the dj clicking around on a laptop.
if you like mixin on the lappy then do it mate, but if you havent mixed using vinyl i would say "have a go" coz you might love it.

Vinyl and CDJ's for me here, been thinking about gettin torq tho.

Ive messed about with VDJ and as other people have said, its just not worth it. Gets boring and isnt really a challenge.

I've started playing around with V-DJ with a midi controller, its not as different as you would think to vinyl, but still very different. My initial opinion was how much more flexible it is then vinyl, but also how much easier it was (although I dont think this is a bad thing, I'm not on a High Horse like some of the vinyl elite

For people who cant afford Vinyl and have thick skin, stick with it as it is much easier to get the results you are after quickly. If you are doing House parties and clubs then its completely fine, but you will find it hard to get far because of the stigma associated with mp3 (and sometimes I think, wrongly)

I personally am going to start using mp3 more, as I just cant afford to keep supplying my vinyl addiction.

Where is the romance with software??

DJing should be an art, not a chore where you need to get help from a computer.

i got some cdjs a month or so ago, and its so much more fun doing it than with virtual software.
i have a mate who has vinyl decks and like others have said i find the difference between the two is minimal in terms of actually beatmatching, eqing etc.

so vinyl or cdjs is the way forward.
plus software is liable to crash at any time (in my experience)

Back
Top Bottom