Laptop DJing programs

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Alexi, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio VIP Junglist

Part of the reason I bought CDJ400s rather than 800s was the MIDI, as I thought I'd be able to just plug in and use Serato etc.

But to my knowledge both Serato & Traktor need extra soundcards, wires, timecoded cds etc.

So was wondering whether there's any serious DJing programs that I could use juse with my CDJs & a MIDI controller as a mixer and an external soundcard.

I've tried virtual dj and hated it, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. djmotiondnb

djmotiondnb AKA Tactician VIP Junglist

Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    serato/traktor whatever all come with the soundcards & timecodes that you need

edit: sorry man just read bout the cd deck acting as MIDI.. not sure on that but its prob likely that your gonna have to pay for the priviledge!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  3. DJ Summit

DJ Summit Member

get traktor/serato or some cds!!

otherwise you have to take your cdjs400 to every gig you play. they are not very common in clubs.

4. Alexi

I'm fine playing on other cd decks and turntables at gigs, it was just going to be for playing other genres where I have lots of MP3s but can't be bothered to burn off all the CDs for possibly only one use.

I know I'll probably end up getting Serato or Traktor, but seeing as I don't need the box, I was seeing if there were any other options which didn't have a £500 price tag because of the interface etc

5. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter VIP Junglist

get traktor, if you want to just mix on the software, i have Traktor Scratch Pro which comes with the soundcard. But when i have my mac at work i will mix tunes solely on my computer with no monitor or head phone cue it can be fun sometimes.

6. Alexi

That's good, I didn't know if it worked without the soundcard,

I have two soundcards internally in my laptop and my external interface, so will be able to use them for cueing