Landing On Purple Planet - liquid space DNB

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
Hi there, I made this little melodic space roller last week and now tweaking mixing/mastering plugins for days .. can't seem to find a mix that makes me completely happy. Also, I cannot get this as loud/clear as some of my other tracks sound -- so I'd much appreciate some feedback from you mixing masters on troubled frequencies. Thanks very much in advance for your time to listen/feedback! (y)

PS: A fiver to anyone who can tell if I accidentally copied the main melody from some tune .. :D
I think I heard the melody before but not sure where ...

Last edited:
hey, nice track! i'm in no way a mixing/mastering expert but to me your mix sounds pretty clean i quite like it. As for that melody i kinda recognise it too but can't put my finger on it lol

Thanks for listening and ur feedback! If I would only know where I heard that melody before ...

Hey! maybe the hihats in the intro need a little bit of a low pass filter to cut of a little bit of the high freqs (does not need to be much) but that's just my opinion the rest of the mix sounds pretty good to me :D I like the melody and chords very much but I can't recognise it :) Great work keep it up! :D

Hey! maybe the hihats in the intro need a little bit of a low pass filter to cut of a little bit of the high freqs (does not need to be much) but that's just my opinion the rest of the mix sounds pretty good to me :D I like the melody and chords very much but I can't recognise it :) Great work keep it up! :D

Thanks a lot MM ! I also think the high freq. need a bit of tweaking in this one.

yes the intro hihats are a bit harsh, need a bit of a dip in EQ. Furthermore really enjoying this one, sounds damn tight. Maybe it's cool to play with automation on the lead to open it with a cutoff or change the LFO or so while it plays? Like that subbass, reminds me of DC Breaks - Halo

Back
Top Bottom