Lamby - Liquid DnB called Daydream

ItsLambyBiatch

Hi, I signed up to this forum ages ago when i was messing around with reason. Recently started having a go at producing again, and the result is this. :cool:

http://soundcloud.com/joshhhhh92/daydream

It's liquid-y, but fairly energetic.
Took some inspiration from Logistics' remix of The Gift by Way Out West.

EDIT - http://soundcloud.com/joshhhhh92/daydream-edit (Newer better edit)

Looking for tips and criticism on how to make it better, what to add in there to make it more interesting, and also how to get the quality sounding better - I've had a quick attempt at mastering, but I'm still learning.

Cheers
Josh

Last edited:
the drums are nice. think you DEFINATELY need to layer a break underneath the main drum line. the bass mid way through cuts out too quickly and suddenly. really nice bassline btw.

think you need to make sure the kick and snare really punch through cos at the moment im only really getting the hi hats. need the take em down a bit and make sure the k/s are really punchin through the mix.

good tune anyway. :teeth:

I like the main melody synth, but I totally agree with everyone that this track would sound way better with some extra work on the drums. Firstly, I think the levels of the drums is slightly too low in comparison with everything else. I'd work on getting that kick a little punchier - some decent EQ'ing might help with that. I always find compression helps. The snare needs to be more punchier/snappier. At the moment it sounds too splashy. I reckon if you added a more punchy snare (try something with a more rim-shot style sound) and kept the splashiness (word? ha) a little less loud underneath the new snare, it might sound good. Good ideas though man.

Thanks very much for the feedback guys.
I've messed around with the drum EQ a little bit earlier. Sounds a bit better but I need a couple of hours to properly play with it and get it polished.
So I'm going to work on EQ'ing the kick and snare better to make them punchier and clearer.
Also gonna maybe think of a better structure to keep it flowing better.

Was thinking of maybe adding in a similar melody in a higher register with a brighter sound. What do you think? Or should I just leave it as it is, so as to not make it too crowded and busy.
Will post updates when I've got significant amount of work done.
Thanks again.

drums sound better. but in my opinion the snare is too splashy... maybe a punchier snare would be better. besides that sounding good just dnt like the snare sorry.

sounding good man, really like the synth line but the drums feel a bit too sparse so maybe get another break layered in there and maybe bring the snare down in the mix a little

Snare seems a little high, as well as the hi hats. Liking the subtle bass kick lead up.
Lead is nice, effects work well together... although, seems though there is a little compression/limiting overlap.
Yeah man, good tune, keep it up!
Steve

Chords are nice, drums need work still....they sound a bit too compressed to me and also pretty low quality

tune isnt bad its got a good vibe in there, a bit repetative though too

coulld do with some other elements in there to thicken it all out imo

good work though, not abad tune at all

I like it alot mate! Got some good energy! I would agree with making your drums sound a bit punchier and crisp, really liking the synth though mate!

Back
Top Bottom