Ladies night vip (dubstep remis)

wat i dont understand is the connection between dnb an dubstep wen dubstep mixes perfectly with breaks??

its not the Bpm's that they relate with - its the sounds that are used / samples

yeah i swear that sting in the tail remix is half time dnb not dubstep.
but ray keith called it dubstep or something.
I dunno.

It was the "cash in on dubstep" vip

Meaning basicly I think Vapour just wanted the track to have a dubstep feel to it, i.e being at half tempo kinda thing

I believe there is an actualy Noah D dubstep remix though, fourthcoming 36 hrtz on the other side of the vip

ladies night dubstep mix would be sick, but as they said before its a hip hop breakdown not dubstep.
i thought, and correct me if im wrong that:
hip hop aprox 87bpm
drum n bass about 170 bpm which is why they mix together withou losin the flow of the tracks
and then you got dubstep/grime which is about 70bpm
then house/breakbeat which is about 140bpm and again the diff genres can be mixed???
this is why when dnb dj's drop dubstep its always jus a cheeky fade out to the start of the track.
or in andy c's case you get someone to make a track with dnb tempo tapping intro then a switch to silence in eastern jam lol

The VIP is one of my favourite tunes ever, still rinse it all the time.
Be interested to hear the dubstep version, but it will have a lot to live up to, so I hope it isnt shite!

ladies night dubstep mix would be sick, but as they said before its a hip hop breakdown not dubstep.
i thought, and correct me if im wrong that:
hip hop aprox 87bpm
drum n bass about 170 bpm which is why they mix together withou losin the flow of the tracks
and then you got dubstep/grime which is about 70bpm
then house/breakbeat which is about 140bpm and again the diff genres can be mixed???
this is why when dnb dj's drop dubstep its always jus a cheeky fade out to the start of the track.
or in andy c's case you get someone to make a track with dnb tempo tapping intro then a switch to silence in eastern jam lol

Thats why Chase & Status made a little dub of Eastern Jam which faded out into Messiah lol Worked really well though

Basicly in terms of production though, whether a tune is read at 70bpm or 140bpm just depends on the arrangement of beats within the tune

The way I see it they're the same thing!

Most dnb is made at 174bpm nowdays

Its very rare that a producer will always make tunes at like 170 or 171 anymore, bcoz they know they're just gonna get pitched up to about 180bpm in a set lol

to clarify, you can mix breaks and dubstep, and there is a dubstep rmx of ladies night, that i have also heard the upbeats play and it is not the above. i vaguely remember it sounding pretty good

oh right cool. so in theory you can mix dub and breaks?

did you not realise that? you can mix breaks, dub, dubstep, and j-tek, works pretty well. The secret society lads in Lincoln have taken promoting their jungle tech at dubstep nights instead of DnB nights coz they go so well together!

Back
Top Bottom