Ladies Night - Demo and Cease (DnB Step remix)

mikeknight123

Ok, I'm pretty new to producing and don't put very much time into it yet to be honest but here it is - Ladies Night drum and bass STEP remix. I thought it worked pretty well so I made this:

http://soundcloud.com/mikeknight123/ladies-night-remix

It's not even nearly done yet and I've only spent a little time on it but I wanted some fairly general feedback on it. So anything you don't like when you hear basically - you know the drill. One specific thing I'm not sure about is my sub volume - I have a pretty awful sound system so it's hard to tell!!

Thanks for any feedback!!

this was much better than i expected, really hope you keep on this one. i was jus typing that it would be cool to hear some of the original reeceyness in but then it came in! if this is a few hours i am well looking forward to hearing the finished product - sick mate

Thanks man.. I am determined to finish this one as I have never got very far with any song before and I have a heap of barely attempted tracks.

I was actually thinking of adding more of the bass from the original track, if only for some variation at the second drop. Thanks again for the kind words and for even taking the time to listen mate.

sounding good! i think the snare sounds a little flat.... needs a little more top end i reckon. seems to get lost in the hectic mids.
and regarding the sub.. i reckon it can come up a few db. it is rather quiet.

overall, good job mate. comment on my tune heart arps if ya can!

Thanks for the advice mate, I'll try and beef up the snare a little and raise the sub a bit - need to invest in some monitors really!!

I'll have a look for that song of yours now.

cheers

Yeah i did, cheers for trying to listen but like I said this was just a draft and I wasn't happy with it yet.

There will be a newer, hopefully better version up soon and I will post it again. If anyone reads this before I do this, could you please tell me what would be more appropriate - posting another link here and changing the subject of the thread, or posting a new thread. It's an updated version of the song and will be quite different.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom