Lack of record shops

Brownie D

theres no record shope neer me

the closet 1 is like 30 min drive to chelmsford

even tho i love buying on the net kuz its soo easy

but i rli missss justt walkin in to me local record shop and asking for sum tunes n brokin in the shop
back in the days when i used to save my dinner money to buy tunes

lol i remeber when i bought ludacris speed by souldpride,
i had to stand out side the shop n ask 4 50p lol

n e one else miss record shops??

discuss

THERE used to be one rite round the corner but shut down
i think because a lack of funding..

net shopping is killing the high street trade.

I got one in my area little market stall sells cd packs, tickets and has new releses on vinyl. Part from that i go up London Blackmarket Records and HMV. Love going in record shop picking what i want and having listen.

We have quite a few in manchester.. Eastern Bloc, Reflex, Vinyl Exchange, Fat City, Piccidly Records, I think theres a few more aswell... Eastern Bloc and Vinyl Exchange are the only decent ones for buying Dnb tho... Eastern bloc gets all the new promos and has a big selection, but Vinyl Exchange always has hard to find classics in... i.e. The Nine etc...

theres only one decent one in southampton....

Tripp2

and i suppose HMV but their shite. never hav anything good in there

theres two within 30min drive of me.

used to be one in town but i never mixed then, was really small down some alley, shut down to same reason all do!

me n mates were thnkin of doin some sort of record shop but with loads of other stuff to do there not just buy records, like net cafe etc

[Politrix];491252 said:
theres two within 30min drive of me.

used to be one in town but i never mixed then, was really small down some alley, shut down to same reason all do!

me n mates were thnkin of doin some sort of record shop but with loads of other stuff to do there not just buy records, like net cafe etc

sounds like a good idea bro!

banquet records in kingston(y)

:word:

less than 5 mins walk from my flat :lol:

the HMV in kingston stopped selling vinyl about 6 months ago, was shit in there anyway, but i asked them where the closest place to get tunes was and they said i'd have to go to HMV in Uxbridge or Oxford St. which i thought was bang out of order considering there are independent stores in the area...

hmv are pricks anyway.
plus they only have bait tunes a lot of the time.

its 1 bus for me to get there.
I need a job so i can fund my habit

It is really bad that record shops are closing down-selectadisk is closing in Nots. Got some half price goods then the man counted it up wrong on the till and charged me less again :)

Doesn't affect me though as I love OhMyGosh, never went to Selectadisk much

I got 2 quality local record shops within 10 minutes walk from my house so i get a nice selection of tunes to pick between

It is really bad that record shops are closing down-selectadisk is closing in Nots. Got some half price goods then the man counted it up wrong on the till and charged me less again :)

Doesn't affect me though as I love OhMyGosh, never went to Selectadisk much

you live in Notts? :O

Yeah, wounded Selectadisc is closing. How is OMG? never been-are the prices decent?, what's the selection like? etc etc.

Have you been to Funky Monkey as well?

Not heard of FunkyMonkey-where is that?

OMG is £6 for new vinyl
3 sale vinyls for £10 (or £4 single)
or £5 sale

Last edited:
Not heard of FunkyMonkey-where is that?

OMG is £6 for new vinyl
3 sale vinyl for £10 (or £4 single)
or £5 sale

has it got a good selection?

Funky Monkey's basically right next to the Ice Stadium on Goose Gate. Just type funky monkey notts into Google Maps and you'll see it :D

Back
Top Bottom