DnB LACK OF FEEDBACK....COME ON YOU KEYBOARD SHY BUGGERS!

Rezonate

This sums up the point i was trying to make a little better ***not in relation to lack of feedback on my tracks but the section in general***

Just Over the last week sixty different producers have submitted different tracks. So quite a few of the posts views on other peoples tracks have got to be from this group of sixty people (not just lurkers) let alone the tunes and the different producers from the week before not gonna count but its got to be well into the hundreds

Yet there is so little feedback. People are coming back to the forum to check for posts on their tracks so why not check out a few other peoples tracks at the same time that's all i'm saying.

With at least 100 different producers noob or not i would expect to see at least a few more posts on the tracks being as they have all posted tracks recently and will have returned to check their posts.

Just be good to try and get this section working as it should do instead of how it is at the minute, just take a little bit more effort you never know it might happen....

http://soundcloud.com/djrezonate

Last edited:
yea man i agree with you
i dont always feedback as i want to wait till i can listen to a track on my speakers at a good volume an thats not always possible

11 people have already viewed this and only one reply from Marlok unsurprising there! Agree with ya on the speaker front mate not much point being in this section unless your sat in front of your monitors.

For fucks sake people what are you doing in this part of the forum if your not gonna leave any feedback. Even if your just a dj and don't produce you could still let peeps know that you like or don't like their track.

Last edited:
its always been a bit like this man dont take it to heart.lol

I guessed that from the sticky at the top of the section when i first joined the forum on this very subject but fuck it I thought I'd have a winge to see If i can't get some people feeling a bit guilty for being slackers on the feedback.

The feedback i have got on my tracks has been really useful it would be good just to try and generate a bit more not just for me but for everyone hence my rant lol!

Hopefully this might just act a bit of a reminder in relation to that sticky!

Last edited:
A lot of the views probably come from lurkers who aren't joined up so can't post. If you get one reply for every 10 views that'd be pretty bloody good.

But giving a lot of feedback like you've been doing will usually get you some back, might just take time!

A lot of the views probably come from lurkers who aren't joined up so can't post. If you get one reply for every 10 views that'd be pretty bloody good.

But giving a lot of feedback like you've been doing will usually get you some back, might just take time!

I guessed there must be some sort of lurker style business going on pity the rules on this part of the forum can't be changed to stop the lurkers but on the flip side i guess its more exposure for peoples tracks. It would be good if more people signed up to the forum if this is the case though and started posting some responses.

Last edited:
I posted something up very similar to this not that long ago. It's a subject that really pisses me off! I've been part of this community for about three years now and this has got to be the worst I've ever seen it! Last couple of months, shits gone right down hill!

I posted something up very similar to this not that long ago. It's a subject that really pisses me off! I've been part of this community for about three years now and this has got to be the worst I've ever seen it! Last couple of months, shits gone right down hill!

Ez fletch always seems to be the same people commenting (big ups those of you who do!). Hopefully a bit a rant on this might just remind a few others on here that they need to leave a bit more feedback to get some themselves...there's been a stack of track posted just this week alone and yet quite a few peeps that have posted have not bothered to listen to anyone elses tracks and yet still expect feedback.

Last edited:
was actually having a chat wif an old dnb forum guy the other day about this - so im now back - you wants feeds you gonna gets
been a bit since i have had time to break away from life and the studio but looks like the forum could use some old school blood so
welcome back the vick vega
dont take it personal these are just opinions

was actually having a chat wif an old dnb forum guy the other day about this - so im now back - you wants feeds you gonna gets
been a bit since i have had time to break away from life and the studio but looks like the forum could use some old school blood so
welcome back the vick vega
dont take it personal these are just opinions

Nice one :) As far as i am concerned the feedback needs to be critical and straight to the point. No producer is ever gonna learn anything from feedback of 'great track' or 'nice work' constantly! If you want to check out any of my tracks please be as harsh as ya want I'm more I'm interested in finding out how to improve from other producers rather than taking offence to a bit of criticism as far as i concerned don't post your track in this section unless you are able to deal with some negativity about ur work!

Last edited:
hey vic welcome back! youre right you know rezonate but the forum has been a bit slow in general and its only a small part of the members that are into production. that means we get next to no movement in here and considering how difficult it is to get people to give feedback on amateur tracks anyway. well you see what i mean. i never post tracks (maybe should so people can ignore mine too) but i do comment on peoples stuff. but briefly, im all about the musicality so if i dig the actual tune thats all i need to like it, technically with mixdown and mastering and that, i leave that banter for someone who cares. i think electronic musicians get the whole technical bit eventually anyway, thats a matter of time, but writing a good song, now thats something very few of us will ever do.

True that, but i think most of the ppl give feedback if they can. And i think its normal for a thread to have like 1-2 replies on every 10 views cuz there are alot of lurkers, for example, right now there are 43 members and 322 guests, and half of those members stick to waffle/general.
The situation is not that bad, but yea generally more feedback given should result in more taken and more ppl commenting on each others tunes, which would be nice.

i didnt read your post but im guessing its the old "Why u give no feedback". and well there are a million reasons why people are too lazy. Mostly because they arent as good as you and cant criticize, or because they dont know what to say.

most of the feedback comes from the dedicated few who make this forum what it is, the few who understand this system, but even they can sometimes have other shit to do, on which days you will find very little feedback.

liking ur tune anyway mate, its a bit too wobbwobbwobb for me (what with the wobble wobble) BUt i really like the atmosphere and general laidback style is very smooth. nice production, big up. oh wait the dnb section could do with some work i guess the kick could be stronger in mid range and cut through over the sub better and snare could do with some compressing yada yada yada

Last edited:
all very valid points

but i think u will find this site is a lot better for feedback than most!

i didnt read your post but im guessing its the old "Why u give no feedback". and well there are a million reasons why people are too lazy. Mostly because they arent as good as you and cant criticize, or because they dont know what to say.

most of the feedback comes from the dedicated few who make this forum what it is, the few who understand this system, but even they can sometimes have other shit to do, on which days you will find very little feedback.

liking ur tune anyway mate, its a bit too wobbwobbwobb for me (what with the wobble wobble) BUt i really like the atmosphere and general laidback style is very smooth. nice production, big up. oh wait the dnb section could do with some work i guess the kick could be stronger in mid range and cut through over the sub better and snare could do with some compressing yada yada yada

Nice one man! I appreciate that peeps are busy but as I said in the post if your making the effort to come to this section and listen to a tune you might as well leave some feedback. Even if just a few people read this post and start leaving some more feedback my rant will have at lest done something good for the new producers. Thanks for listening to the track as well big ups!

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

hey vic welcome back! youre right you know rezonate but the forum has been a bit slow in general and its only a small part of the members that are into production. that means we get next to no movement in here and considering how difficult it is to get people to give feedback on amateur tracks anyway. well you see what i mean. i never post tracks (maybe should so people can ignore mine too) but i do comment on peoples stuff. but briefly, im all about the musicality so if i dig the actual tune thats all i need to like it, technically with mixdown and mastering and that, i leave that banter for someone who cares. i think electronic musicians get the whole technical bit eventually anyway, thats a matter of time, but writing a good song, now thats something very few of us will ever do.

Valid point logikz there's enough resources on the net to answer pretty much any technical query these days. I do appreciate some of the more experienced producers offering technical advice, I have received some really useful feedback that i am now using in all my new tracks so it's not wasted :) Big ups for checking the new tracks out. Thats what i'm here and pretty much everyone else that posts in the section is here for :)

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Do you check the Members Mixes section and feedback?

Ez Scotty Straight up answer is no. I haven't even viewed the members mixes section since i joined the forum. If I did, I would leave some feedback and let ya know what i think whether your mix is super smooth and full of double drops or sounds like galloping horses i'd let ya know. People are posting mixes for the same reasons as people are posting tunes.

This was by no means meant to be a dig at any of the dj's on the forum. The point was that if you have made the effort to view the post and listened to the track in the new talent and track reviews section you could probably manage take another 10 secs to leave a comment. Same goes for the members mixes section.

If I do listen to any of the mixes in the members mix section i will be sure to leave some feedback. Whether your a DJ or producer is still good to get feedback on whether people like what your doing.

I prob should start checking out some of the members mixes sure there's some good stuff and some good ideas just finding the time!

Hope that answers your question :)

Last edited:
It's a fact that the human nature is lazy, I know I don't sit and review all the tracks evryone posts but I try when i got something to say about the track in question. Unless it's terrible and I don't want to hurt the person who posted it (I'm such a nice guy ain't I?).

I don't think all of those people who view a thread and does'nt reply, are duchebags. But the simplest answear I can find (and I know I found myself in this situation aswell) is that you dont have anything to say about the track and that is sounds as clean as it can get.

But as a solution to this problem, im going to start to post just that. Im'a tell them that their track rocks. I know that I would be glad for a post that just told me that my track was epic.

We should all do in my opinion! :)

Good stuff mate any feedbacks good.

The point of my post wasn't particularly to find a reason as to why people aren't leaving feedback the previous sticky discusses this extensively but the point being that a load of tracks had been posted by members of the forum and that a fair few hadn't bothered to leave responses on any one elses tracks.

Just Over the last week sixty different producers have submitted different tracks. So quite a few of the posts views on other peoples tracks have got to be from this group of sixty people (not just lurkers) let alone the tunes and the different producers from the week before not gonna count but its got to be well into the hundreds

Yet there is so little feedback. People are coming back to the forum to check for posts on their tracks so why not check out a few other peoples tracks at the same time that's all i'm saying.

With at least 100 different producers noob or not i would expect to see at least a few more posts on the tracks being as they have all posted tracks recently and will have returned to check their posts.

Just be good to try and get this section working as it should do instead of how it is at the minute, just take a little bit more effort you never know might happen lol!

Back
Top Bottom