LA ROUX-GOING IN FOR THE KILL REMIX

Nah but think of the amount of drum and bass there is for a second...all the different types of genres dark, liquid, jump up even goes through to things liek Neurofunk electronica trust..

I bought box of dubstep yeah to get a feel for it and even bought TC wheres my money remix.....but its all samey.

Id more kind to believe that jungle drum and bas is more related to the era of bob marley mate....think for a second where jungle came from acid house/techno and ragga...see it goes way back the the beggining of the ninties.

each there own yeah .. im all up for that. Just DUBSTEP dont cut it for me...

Dubstep comes from DUB, Reggea, Garage, Grime, Jungle... Theres a bit of everything in there....

An how can you say dubstep is samey... For every sub genre of Jungle/Drum n bass there is sub genre of dubstep it just hasnt been labled yet

SC dont try and justify dubstep, hes 19 and listens to dnb = instant badman ye?

one day he'll find dnb repeating its self.....

well im 19 aswell so i dont see the problem as i still love dnb.:D

I never said it was really made by drug addicts..its sounds liek it...dont forget were all entitled to our opinion.

I just bought brought up with d and b, acid house, house and for something like DUBSTEP to pop up on the scene in 2000..its like a "try hard" sort of music.

Other reason yeah why drum and bass is better....if you actually listen to a drum and bass track youll notice so many different assorted sounds...everytime you listen to good drum and bas such as Marky, BSE, Jade, Alex Perez etc you notice soemthing new in there..it always draws you back and especially with mixing you have something to look up to different ideas...its hard to explain yeah but drum and bass just does it all the way..

anyone else understand?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion its just the way you put it across.

If you listen to the production from the likes of benga, burial, emalkay, caspa, scuba, peverelist, appleblim etc you will notice the different elements of there tracks. if you never listen to it and dismiss dubstep as shit you wont notice it. I woudl say all of these artists are different and there tracks aren't samey at all when you compare them. I knwo rusko uses a lot of teh same sounds but i think it makes a rusko track instantly recognizable. maybe you should have a listen to some of these artists and see what you think?

The production on there tracks is top notch!

Also to say dubstep has no history and then to say "yeah for something like dubstep to come along in 2000 is try hard music, wouldn't that give 9 years of history? Or do you think nothing significant has happened in that time for dubstep to have history?

but your not being narrowminded to other styles.....and have been listening for a while, i still love my dnb but choose to produce dubstep mostly.

yep same here i find u can experiment more with dubstep

Dubstep

Although i like certain, well produced or different sounding dup steptunes, thats wheres my money remix is wank! sounds like a car not starting properly, with a few samples chucked in here and there.
Meaningful deep dubstep is wikid but what id call jump up dubstep, i cant stand it, a tune is only repetative if its shit, all music is repetitive otherwise it wouldnt be a song, it would be a load of chords, notes and vocals in a mess! its just whether the song is good enough 4 people to want to listen again and again!

all in all, the government doesnt need to promote p.e. in schools to cope with obesity, just get some banging 180bpm music on, that always gets people sweating!!!

See Duffer i can see your point, but ive listened to a vast about of dubstep and was even on at a rave i went to in LDN but just dont cut it..

On the other hand ive listened to drum and bass since the young days. Luckily i had parent that were into that sort of music so it wsnt jut a " pendulum " first experience liek a large majority of people, and i dont find i will ever get bored with the music. Even over the last six years of teenage hood drum and bass has always been and always will eb the main choice of music. I have a friend Simon whos mixed drum and bess since 15 and now is 27 so you have no point there sorry bud

To add drum and bass dont make me a badman...the badmen are teh ones that produce this music day in day out and that dedicate everythign to drum and bass. there the real badmen...for whoever said that earlier

Last edited:
See Duffer i can see your point, but ive listened to a vast about of dubstep and was even on at a rave i went to in LDN but just dont cut it..

On the other hand ive listened to drum and bass since the young days. Luckily i had parent that were into that sort of music so it wsnt jut a " pendulum " first experience liek a large majority of people, and i dont find i will ever get bored with the music. Even over the last six years of teenage hood drum and bass has always been and always will eb the main choice of music. I have a friend Simon whos mixed drum and bess since 15 and now is 27 so you have no point there sorry bud

To add drum and bass dont make me a badman...the badmen are teh ones that produce this music day in day out and that dedicate everythign to drum and bass. there the real badmen...

Fair enough Coppa i accept you point. I thought you were saying i've listened to box of dub didn't liek it so therefore Dubstep is shit etc.

Bu tthe way you explained it then clears it up a bit. Didn't mean to bight your head off either i just thought the point you made at first could of been clearer and would of been understood if you justifyied it with the points you have made later in this thread.

"To add drum and bass dont make me a badman...the badmen are teh ones that produce this music day in day out and that dedicate everythign to drum and bass. there the real badmen..."

I think this is a fair point although i think this credit should be given to anyone from any genre who dedicate there time to bringing us quality music :)

Fair enough Coppa i accept you point. I thought you were saying i've listened to box of dub didn't liek it so therefore Dubstep is shit etc.

Bu tthe way you explained it then clears it up a bit. Didn't mean to bight your head off either i just thought the point you made at first could of been clearer and would of been understood if you justifyied it with the points you have made later in this thread.

"To add drum and bass dont make me a badman...the badmen are teh ones that produce this music day in day out and that dedicate everythign to drum and bass. there the real badmen..."

I think this is a fair point although i think this credit should be given to anyone from any genre who dedicate there time to bringing us quality music :)

Yeah sorry about not explaining me self it kinda just all came up from a question about a La Roux remix lol

Ive just been into drum and bass for a wee while and what i think is that they could have come up with a greater style of rave culture music with the genres that already exist..again another opinion.

An fair play for your last comment I completeley agree ( accept from DUBSTEP ) ..ah im only messing..

Yeah sorry about not explaining me self it kinda just all came up from a question about a La Roux remix lol

Ive just been into drum and bass for a wee while and what i think is that they could have come up with a greater style of rave culture music with the genres that already exist..again another opinion.

An fair play for your last comment I completeley agree ( accept from DUBSTEP ) ..ah im only messing..

:D all sorted (y)

Back
Top Bottom