DnB 'L1QUID H3AVEN'

LEICETSER to win the league ?

• definitely mate!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • na', no way.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
House of the rising sun?

Drums need to be more in-front without being that much louder. When the guitar and the bass are playing at the same time they clash on the lower guitar frequencies. The mix overall needs better eqing, have you herd of surgical eqing? Search the forum and you should find some stuff that could help you out a bit.

You definitely know a thing or two about melodies. Don't forget that.

House of the rising sun?
Drums need to be more in-front without being that much louder. When the guitar and the bass are playing at the same time they clash on the lower guitar frequencies. The mix overall needs better eqing, have you herd of surgical eqing? Search the forum and you should find some stuff that could help you out a bit.
You definitely know a thing or two about melodies. Don't forget that.

THANK YOU for your feedback IV4 .. very professional insights and advice you are giving here. i will look into the freq. issue but to be frank, this is the best sound i could achieve after 20 versions or so with this track. never heard of SURGICAL EQING before :eek: i guess i have to study more into frequencies and EQing theory to get better on that. regarding drums, i kept them a bit in the back on purpose to have an "easy to listen" track :)

PS: may I ask: where are you based? Australia? no-one else is replying at this time of day ;)

Last edited:
THANK YOU for your feedback IV4 .. very professional insights and advice you are giving here. i will look into the freq. issue but to be frank, this is the best sound i could achieve after 20 versions or so with this track. never heard of SURGICAL EQING before :eek: i guess i have to study my into frequencies and EQing theory to get better on that. regarding drums, i kept them a bit in the back on purpose to have an "easy to listen" track :)

PS: may I ask: where are you based? Australia? no-one else is replying at this time of day ;)

Never take my advice as "professional." I don't know what I am doing as much as the rest of us.

I'm in Murica, but I am an insomniac so I am always dropping in.

Awesome with the guitar!! is it a sample? Melody is really cool, you should find a label to release this when you have put the finishing touches on it..
The drums can indeed be a bit more clear, make em more present you know. That's my only remark, because furthermore I am really headnodding to this one (which is good :)

Hey. Really awsome track :D I dont have anything to contribute to what was already said but may i ask you with which methode do you widen your sounds ? :)

hello flux. thank you for your kind words. interesting question, for this track i checked out and used some new plugins from NI, such as VC2A, VC76, VC160. i know they aren't as good as the ones from izotope or fabfilters .. however i think they can do a nice job as well. i'm a big fan or NI's PASSIVE EQ which has some decent stereo widening functions.

Awesome with the guitar!! is it a sample? Melody is really cool, you should find a label to release this when you have put the finishing touches on it..
The drums can indeed be a bit more clear, make em more present you know. That's my only remark, because furthermore I am really headnodding to this one (which is good :)
hello battletek .. cheers for your nice review, much appreciated! the guitar melody is a basic sample which I worked on for some time, especially the delay and room sound. i will look at the drums when on this track again .. thanks for your input. greetings to holland !! :2thumbs:

like this is a really nice melody. I know you couldnt find any, but some female vocals over this would really make it sick

thank you alex! i know, would be nice to have some decent female vocals on this one .. can you recommend any good libraries that would match this style of music?

Last edited:
hello flux. thank you for your kind words. interesting question, for this track i checked out and used some new plugins from NI, such as VC2A, VC76, VC160. i know they aren't as good as the ones from izotope or fabfilters .. however i think they can do a nice job as well. i'm a big fan or NI's PASSIVE EQ which has some decent stereo widening functions.
Ah thanks alot for the detailed info ! It sounds really wide and pleasingly seperated . I was wondering . :D

Back
Top Bottom