Kuro - One Second (Work in progress)

easy m8 - think this is well done. i like all the elements.
but there is something that kinda sounds off key at times - think one of the echoes conflicts with something - cant put me finger on it tho.
vocals sound good but a they are quite far back in the mix - maybe bring them forward a bit.
nice drums - good job

I really love your intro and actually think the vocals are ok !, but agree with jimjim, something sounds really off. Sometimes you can find weird keys that work but sounds bit off as well, think you've found that kinda vibe in this track. I can feel it's maybe off but equally i can't say why? (sorry!)

i think the chords work well in the intro, and the intro should be twice as long with the drums just going twice as long, they come in at a good time.

I think for the drop and the verse I think you should have some really minimal musical elements but a lot of atmosphere.... notes are dissonant in a bad way right now. after the drop basically take out the synth and chords and put in some reversed airy piano with some white noise and like scratching your keys against a desk with reverb on it and delay a bunch of reverse notes, lo pass, hi pass, loop... etc. add some hits to the drums here and there.

Last edited:
In headphones the mix sounds ok. The drums could be slightly louder but noting drastic in my opinion. I'm not hearing what everyone eles is about the off rhodes. They sound off but at the same time sound right to me. Almost like a diminished chord.

i agree with what jimjim said but the foundations are there, just needs tweaking and itl be real good!

Just want to say a huge thanks to everyone who gave it a listen and reply

Taken everything on board and trying to flush out the levels as much as I can and bump bits here and there (Been taking bits and pieces out trying to see what could be sounding off but my ears just cant seem to pick it either ha!, gonna also try some other chords and mess around with the delay settings I have going on) gonna take it back a few steps fill the EQ a bit more (Invest in some new speakers for one) and try see what I can get rounded off.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
It's your 4th progression on the chords, try switching that one chord from a minor to a major, that might help it fit better. I find that switching from a minor chord to a major (when going down the scale) works pretty well.

sounds out of tune to me definitely take a look at your chords again also if you do insist on the diminished vibe try maybe adding some more chords after so the song progresses, drums sound a bit lacking to me work on rhythm a bit more and maybe try some different samples but the general idea is good keep working on it!

Back
Top Bottom