KRSPY - scientific genius (FREE DOWNLOAD)

I think the sub could be a lot fatter, also I think the kick and snare are highpassed a little high... Loses it's punch imo.. Otherwise sound design is good on this one, nothing to say on that part of the track, loving the little wobbly bits.

Thanks for the feedback, I definitely agree with what you say.
Any advice to make the sub fatter besides increasing the volume or eqing boost?

You can try compressing it and then bringing the volume back up, really helps tightening the bass. Also if you use Ozone.. Switch the EQ to Mid/Side mode and take out about 1 dB of the sub frequencies on the 'side', then on the 'mid' you add about 1 dB on the sub frequencies. This helps tightening the bass even more, the effect is really subtle, but does wonders for me sometimes.

You can try compressing it and then bringing the volume back up, really helps tightening the bass. Also if you use Ozone.. Switch the EQ to Mid/Side mode and take out about 1 dB of the sub frequencies on the 'side', then on the 'mid' you add about 1 dB on the sub frequencies. This helps tightening the bass even more, the effect is really subtle, but does wonders for me sometimes.

nice thanks for the tips, will try that compression thing out for sure next time
i don't have ozone but i might look into it!

Nice thanks for the tips, will try that compression thing out for sure next time.
I don't have ozone but i might look into it! I've just been using massive for the sub usually..

oops double post lol

Back
Top Bottom