KRSPY - incoming attack (drumstep)

kdk

I really like the clean buildup/intro. Wow it got heavy at the drop. :) The mixing and everything sounded good—very crisp. The only thing is I couldn't quite make out what they were saying in the vocal samples; of course, that's not all the important... The only substantive critique I might have is the melody (such as it is) could maybe have a bit more going on; especially at the end of a long phrase or section, it might be fun to take a note, chop it in half, and move the second half up. Or, you know, whatever you do to spice up the sense of movement in the melody. I still am a little jealous of how clear and clean it all sounds, especially considering all the bass you've got in it.

Krispy

VIP Junglist
Thanks very much for the comment
It's hard to think of those types of things while making the song but it makes perfect sense.

Agree about the drums, maybe it's just they need to be louder and turn the other channels down a bit (or if not already doing so parallel compression and a small drumverb imo). I couldn't hear the vocal/quote very well, needs to come up a bit. Like the bass, really quite liked the drop, different and not what i expected :D

Krispy

VIP Junglist
Very interesting comments
Yeah I figured the vocal wasn't clear enough but had no idea about the drums
Thank you very much everyone :)