Kroppah - Sanctioned

Hi Koppah,

Really not sure about the intro, can't point out anything obvious though sorry :( I like it most at around 2.38 and 4.44 where the track comes to life, but neither lasts long really. Otherwise it's a bit too repetitive to my ears, sorry ! Do like the percussion and hats you have going, real nice. Hope that helps?

I enjoyed the intro, personally; The breakdown at 1:09 or so went on a bit long. I like the drop, but feel it's missing punch in the bass—yeah I know you have some good sub stabs, and some mid bass, but it seems like the drums rumble my speakers more than anything. Maybe you could cut somewhere in 180-400hz in the drums, pads, etc. and dial it up in the bass itself? I actually like the drone-ish, repetitive nature of it, though I did zone out a couple of times during the song. :) You know I almost feel like you could EQ out the top of EVERYTHING and lay in a mid-high frequency synth or something with a melody; i.e. the song could have a whole new level to it.

Still, overall I really liked it. Maybe it's not traditional D'n'B, but I still enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom