Kroppah - Humanoid

I really enjoyed the bass riffed this song. Big fat fun bass always evolving. I think your hats where not loud or crisp enough. I also think you could of used a break but that is only opinion.

Heavy tune! Agree with the above the top end and transients could be clearer, poss duck that bass under the kick with a touch of sidechaining, but overall nice heavy dnb choon :)

i agree about layering a break under there, could bring the pace up massively. bass riff is sick tho, good work all round. I think theres some crazy panning in the build up that needs to be tamed tho, on headphones its a bit much!

Agree the panning noise is kinda crazy but I liked it :) Great work on the bass. Nice and dark moody feel overall, like it! 2nd breakdown maybe a bit long? Okay for the intro but would have expected something more there perhaps ?

Funky piece. Based totally on my musical styles, I would like to hear that womp bass a bit more, its the answer part in the first Bass Riff, after the growly bits. I think you could pull those back just a little as well, but again, I like a slightly less heavy sound, so just my take on it I guess. The 8 bars right before the break sounding hoppin to me, with a couple of those tamed growls added in to that riff, would sound a treat!
Agree with laslien about the intro, maybe you could fashion some nice stabs out of your bass line to pepper about here and there, some of the growls, some of the womps bass sounds, would add a bit more beef.
One thing I really liked were the different transitions you come up with moving from 16 to 16.
Its a hard tune mate, and well put together, nice work!

Back
Top Bottom