Dubstep Kronix - War

Nice. Kinda remind me of old skool electro, I was thinking particularly of Paul Hardcastles' 19 I guess partly cos of the vocal sample. Had a very cinematic feel, the first section reminded me of a spy movie with a sense of suspense and intrigue. Love the break downs. something a little more hard hitting needs to happen in the middle section. Love the screechy arp.

Last edited:
Go to be honest man this ones not doing it for me. Bit to minor chord and evil screechiness for my ears. Last tune you posted was much better!

your track lacks some proper balls man,your kick and snare is too quiet,same goes for sub bass,theres going lot of hi pitched things but it lacks some defined main mids for bass,it sounds like one big intro.... no offense but this is not enjoyable to listen,

your track lacks some proper balls man,your kick and snare is too quiet,same goes for sub bass,theres going lot of hi pitched things but it lacks some defined main mids for bass,it sounds like one big intro.... no offense but this is not enjoyable to listen,

Ok man, but there isnt a snare in this track. It's various percussive clicks and pops, which is maybe why you think its quiet......cos there isnt one??

I'm currently in the process of adding some sub bass to it too.

Not rly a fan of the whole thing, but it has proper atmosphere and the percussion is really really good

proper tune indeed. mby if you add little snare there it would stand out more but jeah it got that nice dark vibe, liking that.

Lots of good sounds, I do enjoy experimental things, however.......so many odd timings, off beat things etc I just think it needs something straight and central to hold it all together, maybe it is just a snare?
At the moment it's pulling the ear in so many directions that I found it hard to get into it.

I like the intro, the way you've built the drum loop.

Pretty cool stuff overall

Yeah I was really going for something abstract. Odd timings were the idea on this one lol.

I'm kinda gutted not many of you are feeling it, but I guess you cant please everyone all of the time lol! I'll go back to basics on my next track. ;)

build up was really nice, drop was not so much to my taste, thought about a kinda more rolling drop with that acidline etc. sounds are all pretty good, but nothing really stands out anymore when it drops. hats are a bit over the top, id take them down a db or maybe even two.

kick is the weakpoint here im afraid to say once more tho. do you eq kicks lots? what do you cut if so?

good work on getting tracks finished so fast tho, good work rate and some pretty good ideas, really liked the fake drop with the vocal coming in afterwards!

big ups

I EQ my kicks, but it depends on the sample I use. Usually I'll give a real subtle boost by maybe a db around the 120hz range, and dip at about 60hz to let the bass come through

Back
Top Bottom