Kronix - Violence & Drugs [ Deep, techy DNB ]

thats sounding good man

the mixing is great

id say, a harsher sounding snare (snappier basically)
bring the stabs forward in the mix (great vibes)
and not so many warbs

that sub is really singin as well

yeah man.. thats siick!

as said fatten up the snare.....

if you haven't already, bus your drums to a compressor and get them pumping ! ( :

The production quality is like misz; insane.

But I wouldn't advice to send this track to a label to be honest. It's not representive of how creative some of your songs are.
And it goes without speaking that there should be a lot more variation in the main body(s)..
-The drums: perfect, just boost the snare a bit and add some more breaks (even the smallest variations in the 4th bar of every section will do this track gold)
-Maybe a trick to make your track a little more interesting without changing a lot is long dB-envelopes. Check out my track (Deep Sea Life) to see what I mean, especially in the start. It's basically building up your mid or highs just a little towards a break, this will give a LOT of dynamics to the track and I see it a lot in electronical music today.
-Vocals: could use a very small boost in level, I understand you don't want them to stand out in the mix, but now I really have to focus on them to really hear what she says/sings.
-Structure: well as I stated above, maybe one more variation to build up to the drop or something, or another break, I don't know; use your creative mind!
Think of Pendulum. No one can disagree that they are one of the (if not the) most succesful dnb band/producers ever, and then check out the Immersion album. In every song there's so much variation going on, builds, breaks, fills. Of course you can't compare it to this, 'cause the genre's aren't quite the same and the level of expertise is a world of difference, but I hope you see what I mean.

Oh and, I'm not saying I'm better in any way, so don't feel critisized or anything, please! But if you're really going to let this produced, I'd revise the track a little bit more. Just one odd section or smart break / extra pad / synth could really do the trick.

Cheers!
Q

The production quality is like misz; insane. << Thank you!
But I wouldn't advice to send this track to a label to be honest. It's not representive of how creative some of your songs are.
And it goes without speaking that there should be a lot more variation in the main body(s).. Yeah probably gonna work on some variation -The drums: perfect, just boost the snare a bit and add some more breaks (even the smallest variations in the 4th bar of every section will do this track gold) There arent any breaks in this track, all made with one hit samples -Maybe a trick to make your track a little more interesting without changing a lot is long dB-envelopes. Check out my track (Deep Sea Life) to see what I mean, especially in the start. It's basically building up your mid or highs just a little towards a break, this will give a LOT of dynamics to the track and I see it a lot in electronical music today. Will bear this in mind, thank you-Vocals: could use a very small boost in level, I understand you don't want them to stand out in the mix, but now I really have to focus on them to really hear what she says/sings.
-Structure: well as I stated above, maybe one more variation to build up to the drop or something, or another break, I don't know; use your creative mind!
Think of Pendulum. No one can disagree that they are one of the (if not the) most succesful dnb band/producers ever, No, they really arent!! and then check out the Immersion album. In every song there's so much variation going on, builds, breaks, fills. Of course you can't compare it to this, 'cause the genre's aren't quite the same and the level of expertise is a world of difference, but I hope you see what I mean. I doOh and, I'm not saying I'm better in any way, so don't feel critisized or anything, please! But if you're really going to let this produced, I'd revise the track a little bit more. Just one odd section or smart break / extra pad / synth could really do the trick. Thanks, but I'm not gonna add any more elements, I will add variation, but no more elementsCheers!
Q

;)

yeah man liking the moment.

not too keen on the hi hats and i'd say you could bring that snare out more.

lovely bassline

Back
Top Bottom