KRONIX - Untitled intro.......need feedback

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So the other day I decided to try and build an epic style intro to a track, something real unconventional, like a 2 - 3 minute orchestral piece leading into something dark and heavy! Well, this is where you guys come in. I've worked on this build / intro for a few hours today and I'm happy where it's going, I now need to write the drop thats gonna accompany it. But I need some feedback to see if you lot think it's as good as I do right now....

So this is a WIP, and just the intro so far

Thats a really nicely producted intro, what kinda style are you going to make this once it drops? The only thing i would say is for me personally its too long, i would strip it back to about 64 bars, 32 for each section. I think that would make the build up seem abit quicker and more dramatic.

cut off the initial part of it man, I don't feel like its progressive enough for it to be that long, more elements needed coming in and out... also if this was dropped out before it dropped id of gone for a piss or gone to get a drink

i like the idea, but i feel the arrangement could be shortened or changed to keep it moving and evolving a bit.

i know its a cliche but i reckon you could find some quotes to go over that aswell

also if this was dropped out before it dropped id of gone for a piss or gone to get a drink

Yeah. And maybe slap a constant sound in there that is getting more intense when time passes. Oh wait. There is a constant sound that's getting more intense. Just start it a bit sooner and maybe just make it more progressive as he said, or shorter. I like where it's going, but the snare has too much presence IMO. :slayer:

Cheers guys appreciate the honesty. To clarify, I don't intend on this being a track that gets played out. It's gonna be an unconventional piece that's more for me than anyone else, almost like a challenge I've set myself. I wanna do a piece of music that fuses electronic with orchestral, and I'm aiming for it to be quite a long piece, maybe around 8-10 minutes.

I understand a lot of you will want it shorter, and quicker, so apologies! ;)

Sounds interesting man! I thought some of the percussion kinda took away from it a bit, the snare in particular. Maybe cut it back a bit but I am a sucker for long and epic intros so I like this length right now! :)

Maybe give it something a bit melodic? Like I could imagine a nice melody on like a chiming bell :P Not from the word go of course but you could bring it in gradually or something. Interested to hear what the the drops going to be!

i think the build is long but fuck it the production is top notch and makes me want to hear that drop even more. i see this going into jump up dnb honestly... :D

listened to this track today and reminded me of this thread.

tell me what you think about the orchestrial intro. its not as 'epic' as your snippet, but works great to create an atmosphere for the whole tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty damn cool fletch! Maybe layer some strings over the top of that pad that comes into give it some more depth? Personally i would be thinking huge epic neuro style bass line...anything else would kind of be a let down after such an epic build imo...its dark and moody so the drops kind got to follow that!

God work man be interested to see what develops from this :)

Back
Top Bottom