Dubstep Kronix - Dementors

Yeah evil drop :D I really like the intro it builds up the track nicely, the vocal samples add a level of intrigue. The bass scream is a bit top heavy for my taste, overall though a good track.

Last edited:
(during the Intro) - That HPed drum layer you have in the background sounds out of time... as if it wasn't properly warpmarkered. ??? Perhaps you've got some crazy swing going on there (if it's something you made from scratch)? All I know is that it sounds off to my ears bigtime, real "jumbly" and ultimately cluttered sounding.

Drop is cool. I love the PWM sound on the 1, it'd be neat if you did some "bow/wow" filter Modulation routines on it though instead of it being, "mehhhhhhhh" every time it hits. Actually I'm hearing room for filter movement on your other Sub Pieces too. That PulseWidthModulated Sound on the 1 and other various spots gets old quick... some Modulation would breath new life into it, and would easily keep the Listeners attention a lot longer... and with minimal effort on your part I might add.

The Vocal Snippets are kickass. Leadwork and all of your PERC is on point, no -s there. At 3:59 - you've gotta come with something more creative than that imho... instead of repeating what you did the previous 3 mins+. Come with some edits on your Bass layers perhaps, some various Modulation/etc... even a couple minor drum edits would be welcome at that point. The overall Sequencing is class, works very well the way you've laid it out.

Prod is spot on on my cheap comp speaks so great job there!! Levels are rocking across the board from what I can hear.
It's been a long time, good to hear you're still rocking it hard!!! Hope all's well with you fellow Music Maker : )

Pr*to

Last edited:
I'm not rly into screeching synths but i really enjoyed the dark atmosphere, great padwork.

@Proto - Really? That beat in the background sounds fine to my ears???? Would like to know some other opinions on this one! And cheers for the rest of your feedback, as always it's extremely detailed and I'll take it all on board

The bongo sound is complex & in contrast to the main beat it feels like it's pushing forward & the main beat that feels like it's pulling backwards, though I don't believe it is out of time though, perhaps adjust the swing on that element or try removing individual hits. Having rhythmical elements push forward or pull back on the beat can be a useful tool so you may wish to keep as is. I'm not really a fan of rapping and certainly not eminem but he often raps ahead of the beat, but I'm sure nobody would accuse him of being out of time, but he generates urgency with this style and the converse is true for snoop who is behind the beat.

@Proto - Really? That beat in the background sounds fine to my ears???? Would like to know some other opinions on this one! And cheers for the rest of your feedback, as always it's extremely detailed and I'll take it all on board

The bongo sound is complex & in contrast to the main beat it feels like it's pushing forward & the main beat that feels like it's pulling backwards, though I don't believe it is out of time though, perhaps adjust the swing on that element or try removing individual hits. Having rhythmical elements push forward or pull back on the beat can be a useful tool so you may wish to keep as is. I'm not really a fan of rapping and certainly not eminem but he often raps ahead of the beat, but I'm sure nobody would accuse him of being out of time, but he generates urgency with this style and the converse is true for snoop who is behind the beat.

^ - It sounds like swing to me, I just listened a second time. My vote is that it's something to do with Swing. Nevermind me Mr. Fletch... I'm anti swing, always have been. Once in a blue moon I'll use swing... it's just not my thing, I've always been into having my timings be robotic. I very much love swing in real acoustic music (rock, metal, etc)... but for some reason I'm not big into it for Dance music. Anyhoot, hope that helps.

:keepjammin:

kick is good, could do with more presence and less sidechain to the bass imo
also, get that snare higher in sound a lot!... :)

btw

... EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!!

Good work man i like it,just one thing about bassline i think you should lower some resonance and cut some hi_freq,other than that pure filth:2thumbs:

Yep. Like it a lot! I am growing tired of all the crazy dubstep like Skrillex etc. so am listening to mainly Mala, L-Wiz and that sort of stuff at the moment. Despite this I really enjoyed this track! The stab sort of bass sound used in the intro and throughout reminds me a lot of a Widdler track, nice sound that one :) (If you are interested it is the one where he samples The Shining, can't remember the name of the track)

Ummm, vocal bits keep it interesting. Dark, just how I like it :) Don't really have critism at all man, good work!

Could I ask two questions if you don't mind?

1. How long have you been producing?
2. On average how long do you spend on a track?

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback, now....onto your questions

1- Ive been producing for around 3 years now.
2- It can vary quite alot. Sometimes I'll spend weeks tinkering with a track once I get a basic idea down. Other times I can sit down and create a track from start to finish, including mixdown and everything in a matter of a few hours.

I think this one took three sessions, averaging about 2 hours each.....so 6 hours in total

Nice! I am really liking all your tunes man, all the xperimentation and stuff :)

I am trying to work out if I am doing well for sixth months too... Not sure I can see myself at your level when I hit 3 years! :lol:

Nice! I am really liking all your tunes man, all the xperimentation and stuff :)

I am trying to work out if I am doing well for sixth months too... Not sure I can see myself at your level when I hit 3 years! :lol:

You'll be surprised man, after 6 month's of production I still didnt have a clue what I was doing. But once the basics are set solid in your mind, all the other technical stuff seems to make much more sense and it will become easier.

Best thing that helped me was this forum, I have learnt soooooo much from the guys round here.

You'll be surprised man, after 6 month's of production I still didnt have a clue what I was doing. But once the basics are set solid in your mind, all the other technical stuff seems to make much more sense and it will become easier.

Best thing that helped me was this forum, I have learnt soooooo much from the guys round here.

I have definitely noticed how your Prod gets crisper and tighter with every new track I hear from you. You're definitely improving at a very fast rate which is commendable. That and you make some really neat noises.

That's not a bad combination eh... Crisp/Tight Prod and Neat noises - what else could the listener ask for : )))

I think you're at the point (in all honesty, not blowing smoke up yer fanny) where you might want to consider putting an album together and selling it... no bs. You're there, it's time to start thinking about that imho.

Back
Top Bottom