Drum & Bass KRONIX - Deja-Vu (Neuro dnb)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr Fletch, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Hi guys, once again I'm heading down the dark, heavy route of the neurofunk style dnb! Hope you guys dig this one, I'm quite proud! ;)

2. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

im diggin this. progresses nicely with that little synth stab riff coming in. one thing i always find with your tracks, the samples are so good. you always find highly appropriate vocal snippets, good work all in all

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers mate, yeah, I spend hours trawling youtube lol! Trick is to search documentaries man! Just think of a good subject, add the word documentary at the end and chances are you'll find something good to rip

4. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

Lol.. I do that as well! Shitty quality sometimes, but good if you mask with effects! ;)

5. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

What happen to this ableton collab? Shall we create a thread and drop folder as well? Or got no time for that?

6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You always got the best vocals. I like the panning effect on the bass. Just think you where ready to give up not so long ago. What a turn around you have made.

7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Hmm.....I'd love to collab with you man, but unfortunately right now I have my hands tied with alot of other stuff! Will definately be up for it in the new year tho.

Yeah, I think the problem was that I was at a stage where I was doing the same thing over and over, and not learning anything new. My entire production journey I have always been learning as I was moving along, but i hit a platau where nothing new was happening. I knew it was my basses that were the weakest part of my production so began focusing on learning new techniques for creating bass patches, and here we are!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  8. kdk

kdk Member

It's such a good track, I don't know if I have anything to contribute. I love the faint/fade-in drums at :47. I was expecting a bit more to come in at the drop (which is either 1:08 or 1:32, depending on your view). The flanged/fx'd bass was great, and I really liked the switch up at 2:40. One thing I will say, when you bring in a new mid-range voice at 3:01 it's great—the track really needs it—but it's too faint, and should be turned up some. Beyond all that, it was a good dark, sinister vibe.

9. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

10. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Holy fuck balls! Just got back to my PC and seen how many SC comments I have........well that put a smile on my face!

11. Linguist

Linguist Member

Thats Michio Kaku right?
    Feeling the track. The panning on the bass is cool, as people have already mentioned

12. Linguist

Linguist Member

Thats Michio Kaku right?
    Feeling the track. The panning on the bass is cool, as people have already mentioned

13. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Good track Mr.Fletch:)

14. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah I think thats the fellas name! Some scientist fella who I keep seeing all over documentaries recently. Asian fella

15. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Very nice warping bass Mr Fletch, I like the entire track allot, also love the deja vu quotes and great tip about searching youtube for documentaries....will try to remember that :)

16. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Yeaah, liking this man! The saw stabs for the 2'nd time the bass kicks in are great, gives that variation that the track needs to keep being interesting. Because it is a very repetetive track, thats the only critic I got for you really. I know, neuro usually is very repetetive as a genre but perhaps another bass patch at the end of every 8 or 16th bar would spice things up a bit.

It might just be a personal preference tho. Superb track however!

17. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers Jimpa!