KRONIX - Chaos Theory

really feelin the intro and the drums are rolling big time. For me, the track is missing a bit of low end, the hectic mid bass is quite overpowering in the mix (i know you said your working on the mix) and it needs some umph in the sub level. Other than that its sick, deffinately see your thread has helped here! the mid basses sound nasty! (in a goodway). All in all im impressed!

Thanks man. Yeah I'm working on cleaning up the low end, and taming the mids a little lol!

That thread has been a huge inspiration for me, as I hope it has to others too!. Glad you're feelin it.

really feelin the intro and the drums are rolling big time. For me, the track is missing a bit of low end, the hectic mid bass is quite overpowering in the mix (i know you said your working on the mix) and it needs some umph in the sub level. Other than that its sick, deffinately see your thread has helped here! the mid basses sound nasty! (in a goodway). All in all im impressed!

New version added with a bit more low, and little less mid......any better?

I agree the sub needs to be a bit louder. At 1:47 I think the track sounds its best. The mid noise you use is use a little to much. It takes a way from the variety of the song. With that being said it still sounds very good. I also think you should not change it. The potential mixablility of the song is huge.
What I would re-consider is binging in the width of some of your bass in. It is a little to wide for my taste. Wide is good. To wide can be bad though. Every time you split a track up I believe you need to watch you mono stereo widths. For example below 100hz always needs to be in mono. 100 to 500 hz can be wide but not to wide and above 500hz you can start getting really wide. I am not sure if any one eles has that take on widths but I think it works well in giving the bass more of an impact instead of being a bassy pad. Really great work Mr. Flethch.

whatever you did worked. the mids no where near as harsh as it was, i found it a bit tiring and uneasy on the ears in the original, but with the low end perked up a bit it sits really nice. good work!

Thanks guys.

@IV4 - Yeah I understand about frequencies, and mono - stereo relation. Guess I just went a little overboard with this one lol

quality track bro, im only listening on headphones but what i hear i like, old skool noisia vibes going on. keep it up mate

I really enjoyed the track man i think the drums maybe need a bit more punch and overall sounds a bit squashed, on my monitors the bass isn't really there but the sound design is great i'm feeling the groove it also sounds like there is reverb but its not doing what reverb is supposed to do like you've got too much space filled and it's become muddy but at the same time really dry but it's not even unpleasant to the ear :/ , i would go over your effects chains it just sounds like something is taking away from the body of all the sounds. but yeah would love to hear finished version!

The intro and breakdown are superb. The main drop sections are a bit hectic, frenetic for me but then it is titled chaos ain't it. It sounds good, I can imagine going nuts to it if I was wired back in the day. Kick could cut through a bit more. My own opinion, too much stabby fast midrange action takes away from the power of a track, but I reckon this would sound wicked if you put the kick, snare and sub back in the box seat and had the midrange chaos down a bit.

feeling this intro! really glad you didn't quit...

yes this is dark, but it sounds good! I do think the sub needs to be a bit thicker/heavier, but this is a vicious tune - keep at this one.

Great intro, bass could do with being a bit more 'in your face' and the drums could do with beefing up a bit for a tune like this, imo of course.

Real good effort tho, I think you will nail this style soon if you keep going in this direction.

Need some punch & gain in the kick & sub - mids are cool but still harsh, run it through vocodex or maybe a chorus or wide low pass and try to smooth out the scraping bits. I'd try something likes waves doubler on the mids and experiment with doubling and panning them more out of the center. The intro is not bad, but the feedback noises around 0:09 need to get smoothed out a little, a little too harsh now.

Back
Top Bottom