krk's rokit 8's or the mackie mr 8's ?

dj freezy

Conman
hows it goin every one, ive got around £400 to get a new set of monitors with and i was thinking of getting either the rokit 8's or the mr 8mk2 but as the mr 8mk2's are not out yet i cant look at any review's of the monitor but would like to know the difference between the two brands and wich would be a better buy

krks are pretty popular around here. i just got the 8s - i wanted the mackie hr824s but obviously they are pretty expensive. definitely a tough choice when a product isn't out yet. i'm not really the best audio- or techno-file, but i can tell you my first mixdown after purchasing the krks was about 500% better than anything i had done before.

listen to both (ideally in the same room under the same conditions) then decide.

Dont take someones word for it, use your ears and make an informed choice.

listen to both (ideally in the same room under the same conditions) then decide.

This, online reviews will only tell you so much, would always listen to monitors before ploughing so much cash into them.

Saying that, I have KRK Rokit 5s, and they're really good for a small home studio environment but have used Mackies (not sure of the model) in a professionial studio, whilst co-producing a trip-hop track and they sounded more crisp, but that could be because of the expensive mixing desk etc.

So basically, go into a shop with an example of the music you'll mainly be using them for, and test them out first

Best advice you'll get. Make sure you have your favourite cd with you and try to compare them at different levels.

We use a 2.1 dynaudio setup which was recommended by a friend and we haven't been disappointed. I recently had the pleasure of witnessing the KRK's in action and they impressed. The 8's carry a perfect bass for dnb which helps if you dont have a sub. Haven't experienced the Mackies but I have to admit to having little faith in the brand, KRK's if it were me.

Peace

the mr series of mackies are rubbish. there just about to bring out the second generation though so maybe they'll be better. the krks def sound better than the mackies but i'd get the 6's. cheap 8's almost always sound over hyped in the bass end

Back
Top Bottom