KRK Speakers

alexanthony

Impact (Engage Audio)
Easy people

Seeing as i have a well paid job for summer i thought its time to invest in some speakers to take back to uni with me next year

Have heard good things about the KRK's and as i need a laptop stand and slipmatts i was think to get the KRK 5's as that rounds up to a nice £300 on decks.co.uk

However having read some earlier threads some people were saying to just get the KRK6'S as there alot bassier? i like my mixing loud and bassy so if anyone could shed some light that would be wicked!

obviously i know, the 6's will be better but by how much? i have outlook to save for and ive just bought a pair of technics so the less money i can spend the better really

Thanks

as a whole they are pretty decent I would say. Good for mixing on, and versatile enough to produce on too. Maybe think of getting the sub at a later date for when you have more cash

I have Rokit 8s and they are good man! the sub would be a nice addition also if you can afford it can be difficult to spot distortion without.

I've got the 5s for production. Wish I had taken my mates advice and paid that little bit more for the 6s. The 5" driver just isn't enough to get the low end out.

ive got 8's mainly used for mixing, my mates got 5's, lets just say mixups tend to be at my setup. 5's sound nices, but if you like it bassy hit the 6's up. and as the JRG said, if you can afford a sub it helps endlesly

thank you!! does anyone have any other decent speakers for mixing? really wanna get the right ones as it makes alot of difference :)

Check out Why Buy New,

I bought my Rokit 5's off there for £180 + postage for the pair.

Brand new really, just ex display or something. Working perfectly.

I've got the 8s and the 10s sub and would swap them both for the cheaper Yamaha HS80s which blow the KRKs out the water

Really? well thats just put a twist on things, they really that good?

Really really really.. I sat my pal's next to my RP8s and gave them the same input and the response across the whole range was significantly better on the Yamahas. They're tighter, punchier and give a much deeper bass response. They also have a lot more control on the rear panel. You can adjust almost everything to give the best performance for a given acoustic environment. Obviously the best thing to do is to listen to both yourself but from personal experience I would recommend the HS80s over the Rockits any day.

To be honest KRK are good but they're a perfect example of brand over quality. They have made a big name for themselves but they're actually put together in the same Chinese factory as budget speakers like JBL, Kool Sounds and Ministry of Sound Speakers. In fact the last two are built to exactly the same spec with the exact same components. I, like most people just jumped on the KRK band wagon as they're so popular and I didn't know any better. They give a great sound and without hearing others you'd think they're the best. But trust me there are far better monitors.

I do agree with the above though. If you're just using them for mixing you might be better off with a PA setup. The sound wont be quite as good but they will last a lot longer. My 10s sub has gone 3 times and one of the RP8s has definitely lost some quality and believe me I look after them like they were my babies.

thank you so much mate, this is why the internet and specifcally forums can be a great place. just the sort of insight i was looking for. i mean, as im at uni a PA set up will be quite big and take up alot of room, im having a table made similar to your picture so a pair of small speakers would be perfect. im just wondering if the yamaha HS50's will be worth it as they are more in my price range. Regardless thanks for the heads up bro

Used the Rokit 6's at a house party friday...did the business pal.

I know someone with Rokit 5's dont get me wrong they are decent, just bag the 6's and at least you will never feel inadequate looking or hearing what the rokit 6's are like.

Great sound though... but you will need a sub eventually.

think i will get the yammaha HS50's and hope they are as good as the HS80's

I wouldn't advise on the HS50s mate. They're very true, bright speakers but you really wont get any base response. You would really need a sub with them. Save for the HS80s or if you are adamant on spending less money get the KRK RP5s or 6s. They will give you better base than the HS50s but when you step up to the 8" woofer the HS80s are definately better than KRK RP8s.

Another option: I'll sell you my KRK RP8s. They're used of course but they are in great nick, very well cared for.

Easy mate your inbox was full.. so just copied and pasted my reply here..

alexanthony said:
easy mate so how much you saying for the RP8's? thing is, i may just try to extend the budget to get the HS80s but im still undecided, let me no your offer and we can go from there :) also how would we go about doing the actual sale?

Hello pal. I'm actually looking to sell my RP8s and the 10s sub. I would look to sell the RP8s for £275+ which is £150 cheaper than you would pay for them or the HS80s new. The RP5s and HS50s cost between £125-150 each new so basically I'm offering a pair of 8"s for the same price you would pay for the 5"s.

Again if you can extend the budget I would go for the HS80s but if not I would definately recommend taking these over a pair of 5". You'll be able to sell them for the same money if you look after them as well as I have which means you could upgrade later. I'm looking to do just that, saving for these bad boys http://www.genelec.com/8030a/

We could do the sale through Paypal if you're on it so that you're protected. I have both the original boxes and manuals plus I still have the delivery boxes they came with, with plenty of wadding to I could send them via courier to Birmingham.

I'm not in any real hurry. All of my gear is in storage right now as I don't have anywhere to mix until October which is when I will be looking to buy new monitors. So no rush. Just thought I'd give you the option before I put them pon de ebay in a couple months.

definatley sounds like a good deal, appreciate it! :)
i will give it a few weeks before i make a definate decision, saved a decent amount for outlook this summer, tips at wagamamas are saying alot :spliff: if i have enough before i go back to uni il get the HS80's, if not and there still available il take them off ya hands bro

Back
Top Bottom