KRK RP5 Problems

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Having a problem with one of my KRK's. Well 2 problems...

1st being that even with no input it has a constant hum/fuzz. I'm guessing its a loose connection somewhere but anyone else had a similar problem and can clarify how to fix? I'm pretty damn useless when it comes to the technical side of my equipment.

2nd problem is that when it has got an input it will only play really quietly (through the fuzz)

cheers in advance :)

What cables you using? XLR or RCA? Do the cables go anywhere near anything that could be interferring?

Im willing to bet its a ground issue tbh.

Also, make you youve got them set up right (im sure i dont need to tell you how to do it), but make sure the gain on the back of the rpk isnt too high etc.

in case you have TRS connectors hooked up to your speakers, make sure you use the ones specified. (There's symmetrical and unsymmetrical ones to be had). Do you have any options on connection types?

What cables you using? XLR or RCA? Do the cables go anywhere near anything that could be interferring?

Im willing to bet its a ground issue tbh.

Also, make you youve got them set up right (im sure i dont need to tell you how to do it), but make sure the gain on the back of the rpk isnt too high etc.

Running XLR. This isn't the point though really, even with nothing connected it does it. Wherever it is.

Running XLR. This isn't the point though really, even with nothing connected it does it. Wherever it is.

if you bought them new take them back to where you got them or ring up the place and get replacements. they shouldnt fuzz loudly with no input!

i had this problem with mine, it went away when i unplugged my lamp (??). so i just plugged my lamp in somewhere else and wahey, no buzz!

Back
Top Bottom