KRK RP5 Problems

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
Having a problem with one of my KRK's. Well 2 problems...

1st being that even with no input it has a constant hum/fuzz. I'm guessing its a loose connection somewhere but anyone else had a similar problem and can clarify how to fix? I'm pretty damn useless when it comes to the technical side of my equipment.

2nd problem is that when it has got an input it will only play really quietly (through the fuzz)

cheers in advance :)

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
What cables you using? XLR or RCA? Do the cables go anywhere near anything that could be interferring?

Im willing to bet its a ground issue tbh.

Also, make you youve got them set up right (im sure i dont need to tell you how to do it), but make sure the gain on the back of the rpk isnt too high etc.

in case you have TRS connectors hooked up to your speakers, make sure you use the ones specified. (There's symmetrical and unsymmetrical ones to be had). Do you have any options on connection types?

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
What cables you using? XLR or RCA? Do the cables go anywhere near anything that could be interferring?

Im willing to bet its a ground issue tbh.

Also, make you youve got them set up right (im sure i dont need to tell you how to do it), but make sure the gain on the back of the rpk isnt too high etc.
Running XLR. This isn't the point though really, even with nothing connected it does it. Wherever it is.

DjCartel

VIP Junglist
im willing to bet its a ground problem, although its common to get ground issues with phono/rca, you can still get bad ground hum even using xlr.
The best fix is to use a DI box to raise the ground: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DI20.aspx
surely if it hums even with no inputs connected the speakers fucked? i may be wrong, please correct me if i am!