KRK Rokit 6 Monitor problem.. Traktor user

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by djmotiondnb, Jul 28, 2011.

1. djmotiondnb

djmotiondnb AKA Tactician

Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    Ok so I've just added a KRK Rokit 6 to my set up.. great - sounds amazing..

However, I'm using Traktor Scratch Pro and whenever my laptops on charge I get a loud hum in the monitor..

Before I used a ground loop isolator which eliminated this problem however with the KRK it's still quite noisy and I loose all low frequencies.

Can anyone help? Would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Cus93

Cus93 Spectrm Podact

i had this problem once when i used a different dell charger than i normally would. i managed to solve it by just using my usual charger but how about putting your monitors in the opposite out booth/master does that make a difference? Interested to see how you fix this one. Sorry i can't be a greater help

3. jammyd

jammyd New Member

Yeah I had this exact problem with my KRKs and Laptop. Managed to fix it by accident when I bought a new charger off ebay which was double insulated instead of having an earth wire so that's probably your best bet.

4. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

You can get a similar problem in studio's when a guitar or mic is placed closed to the monitor(screen)

5. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

generally a result of the components in the laptop making a hum, and that being passed through the loop until it gets to the speakers. I used to have the same problem with recording mixes, and my mate did with production too (y)

6. djmotiondnb

djmotiondnb AKA Tactician

Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    Fixed this guys.. seems stupid really

its cus I was using unbalanced inputs/outputs because I didnt have an XLR cable..

Bought an XLR cable and thats alot better.. Hasn't got rid of it but it doesnt effect the sound so Im happy enough with that! :)