KRK rockit 5 problems

B.unique

i was told by a mate that i could run a pair of rockit 5's through a mixer, from my computer without a sound card or audio interface, however i can only get a very low volume from the monitors even when they and the mixer channel/ master are turned up fully, also the sound is quite distorted and lacks alot of bass, i am running two TRS to phono lines on a splitter going to one channel on my mixer from each monitor. any help would be really appreciated
cheers

sit rep.. im now using trs to a single phono lead and the right (red) output on the mixer is working fine to the right monitor but im still having the smaple problem with the left.. any ideas?

I have the same monitors and they work just fine this way. Have you swapped leads with each side to ensure that the output on the mixer isnt messed up?
When you say TRS to phono - I assume you mean just a regular lead with 3.5 jack phono at each end?
In which case what outlets are running from your mixer - from the phono /deck jacks which are the smaller types or the master / record out which are usually phono?

Back
Top Bottom