DnB Krimson - Halos

krimson

I just recently got started producing in Ableton Live this October, and this is my first track produced. I do however have some background in music, and experience writing DNB / Trip-Hop from way back in the "tracker" music days (10-15 years ago!). Unfortunately I never kept at it, so I am now starting from scratch.

Have a listen and let me know what you think!

Not bad,love the way you switch moods in tune,nice beat,maybe consider adding more variation and some heavier percussion other than that good:)

Very good, nice atmosphere, Kick and snare need to be louder. I don't like that piano Jazz riff that comes and go's it's certainly too loud

Thanks for the feedback :)

Any tips on how to bring the drums out more? I am working with sliced up breaks so it's hard to target the kick/snare specifically. Is it a matter of smart use of compression and playing with the levels of other channels to try to bring them out into the front? Do people ever layer an extra kick/snare hit on top of the break to emphasize the hits?

Thanks for the feedback :)

Any tips on how to bring the drums out more? I am working with sliced up breaks so it's hard to target the kick/snare specifically. Is it a matter of smart use of compression and playing with the levels of other channels to try to bring them out into the front? Do people ever layer an extra kick/snare hit on top of the break to emphasize the hits?

Try making your own beats with kick,snare and then highpass breaks,erease kicks and snares from breaks so that is not interfering with your own so that way you will have more control...

This has got a real nice atmospheric sound to it, Dont like the plinky piano sound at all, reckon you should lose that completely.

You should definately invest in some sample packs for drums, learn how to build your own drum riffs from single hits. You'll be able to EQ them seperately and make them much cleaner!

huh, maybe you changed it from the first upload, but the kick and snare are certainly loud enough and sound like single hits to me.

I'll cast my vote of no confidence in the piano as well.

maybe try keeping the drums mostly the same at 2:13, just with extra (hi passed) breaks under them. And more hi hat!

It's a great tune though - can't imagine what you'll do once you start flexing your muscle with all the complicated programs out there these days.

Back
Top Bottom