Krimson - Descension (Dark Liquid DNB)

Yo man

I'd consider a snappier less mid-heavy snare sample, and perhaps also bringing its volume down a few db.
Another thing: Try varying the atmosphere/pad progression elements. I feel like the song doesn't go anywhere melodically.

Respect

Cheers! Thanks for the feedback. I was feeling like it was a bit repetitive myself but couldn't work out any good transitions in the "melody". I tried to move the track more with the basswork and changes in the percussion. I will work on that further in the future.

Your third tune!? Woah, a lot of you beginners are sounding better than me already! :lol:

I do also feel this tune doesn't do much though. Maybe add a Piano Melody? At 1.50 you could bring it in :) Just an idea.

Nice work though!

What Brutality said, other than that the tune is pretty nice, sounds close to Mizst's stuff :D

Your third tune!? Woah, a lot of you beginners are sounding better than me already! :lol:
Well I think my strong computer/technical abilities have allowed me to breeze through the DAW/VST learning process. Mostly just my musical skills that bottleneck my progression.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated! I'll put some more work in the next track to try to keep the track moving more melodically.

Man, for a 3rd track its very awesome, really digging it. Love the style, I have no advise at all, i like it all!

Well I think my strong computer/technical abilities have allowed me to breeze through the DAW/VST learning process. Mostly just my musical skills that bottleneck my progression.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated! I'll put some more work in the next track to try to keep the track moving more melodically.

Same here, love music, IT is my job, but music theory not my thing :/ the learning process when you never did any all your life is very long..

Anyway, very good job mate!

Last edited:
agreed, it needs a bit more variation and perhaps a rude element in there to give it purpose. like a lead or a warpy bass or something. its a fine tune and for a third tune its really impressive. i love the shaker, did you record that yourself?

mad wibes!
but yeh everyone has said it, variation is the key

maybe try just small things like maybe for a few bars change the key?
although i like the second drop! waaaaaaaaarp
shakers and hats def sounding cool, and the "aaaaaaaah" type vocals, niceness

This track seems to be headed in the right direction. I like the eerie vibe, and the vocal fits seamlessly. It seems like there is a little "something" missing. Perhaps some breaks and the occasional bass stab? Just my .02.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom