DnB Kothy - Nothing Matters

I am digging the horn. Not so much the Vocals. Instead of making them so loud try splitting them up into different tracks doing different shit. Also a tip to get some of the better producers to give you advice is......bump bum bump.... comment on their songs and let them know how you feel about it. Ask them how they did it and how you might be able to do it.
Not bad for a first track.

there are definitely some harsh freqs in some of your sounds...search youtube for "surgical eqing"

vocals need some further processing, they need some form of reverb (about 456,043,343 ways to do this, you're gonna have to play around.) and probably find a way to have some fun with an effect or two. for example, try getting the vocal processed the way you like it, and then make cuts around certain key words. duplicate the vocal channel and drag the words that you cut out onto it. now add one more effect, like a strong delay, to that channel and you can get some cool "emphasis" words from your vocal.

another option to help it sit better in the tune is to add some sidechained delay. if you have only been producing three months, you might need to search youtube a bit for this, but it works like this: set up an aux channel with a nice delay plugin. send some of the signal from the main vocal channel to this aux channel, gradually turning up the send control until you can hear the delayed vocal sound pretty well. you will notice it sounds a bit messy, so insert a compressor with a fast attack/release after the delay on the aux channel and sidechain it back to the main vocal channel. now the delayed vocal will duck when the main vocal plays, allowing the delayed vocal to drift back in and "fill the gaps" where the main vocal isn't playing. a good way to add a fuller sound to your vocals.

play with compressors and watch videos about compressors and read things about compressors and abuse compressors and records sounds from compressors to test on different sound systems to learn what compressors do. and when you find out, please tell me. but you can get more meat out of this tune using a bit more compression. but overdoing it can mush it.

the structure and variation of the tune are great. you should definitely keep working on this!

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Indiana USA? more USA talent?

I'm from Indiana, yes United States! xD

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

there are definitely some harsh freqs in some of your sounds...search youtube for "surgical eqing"

vocals need some further processing, they need some form of reverb (about 456,043,343 ways to do this, you're gonna have to play around.) and probably find a way to have some fun with an effect or two. for example, try getting the vocal processed the way you like it, and then make cuts around certain key words. duplicate the vocal channel and drag the words that you cut out onto it. now add one more effect, like a strong delay, to that channel and you can get some cool "emphasis" words from your vocal.

another option to help it sit better in the tune is to add some sidechained delay. if you have only been producing three months, you might need to search youtube a bit for this, but it works like this: set up an aux channel with a nice delay plugin. send some of the signal from the main vocal channel to this aux channel, gradually turning up the send control until you can hear the delayed vocal sound pretty well. you will notice it sounds a bit messy, so insert a compressor with a fast attack/release after the delay on the aux channel and sidechain it back to the main vocal channel. now the delayed vocal will duck when the main vocal plays, allowing the delayed vocal to drift back in and "fill the gaps" where the main vocal isn't playing. a good way to add a fuller sound to your vocals.

play with compressors and watch videos about compressors and read things about compressors and abuse compressors and records sounds from compressors to test on different sound systems to learn what compressors do. and when you find out, please tell me. but you can get more meat out of this tune using a bit more compression. but overdoing it can mush it.

the structure and variation of the tune are great. you should definitely keep working on this!

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Indiana USA? more USA talent?

You guys are some amazing producers! Def got talent and have a huge shot of success! Very nice tunes and big ups!

For 3 months production I am impressed mate :) My stuff was sounding pretty balls at 3 months :lol:

Yeah man, agree with everyone else. Get those vocals sounding wide and it will sound cool.

I would also play with the sax a bit, maybe make it sound a little more different. Or maybe just wider! Reverb is always a good start to make stuff sound "wide" or give it "space" but you can also further somethings width with a stereo expander or other similar tools :)

For 3 months production I am impressed mate :) My stuff was sounding pretty balls at 3 months :lol:

Yeah man, agree with everyone else. Get those vocals sounding wide and it will sound cool.

I would also play with the sax a bit, maybe make it sound a little more different. Or maybe just wider! Reverb is always a good start to make stuff sound "wide" or give it "space" but you can also further somethings width with a stereo expander or other similar tools :)

Thanks man big ups! I've been doing nothing but working my butt off learning stuff. I can tell with each tune I work on, my productions are better, and it's wicked!

It helps playing guitar for 2 years and alto sax in school prior to starting music production! xD

Thanks man big ups! I've been doing nothing but working my butt off learning stuff. I can tell with each tune I work on, my productions are better, and it's wicked!

It helps playing guitar for 2 years and alto sax in school prior to starting music production! xD

Great to hear that you are hearing improvements :) I am finally at the stage where when I make a tune I sit back and feel pretty happy when I compare it to my previous attempts! :)

It is interesting that you find guitar helpful to you learning of production, I found it gave me more options (record guitar into tunes) but didn't help me learn to actually produce. Unless you can actually understand all the theory, that is likely a benefit for sure! :P

I'm from Indiana, yes United States! xD

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

You guys are some amazing producers! Def got talent and have a huge shot of success! Very nice tunes and big ups!

haha thanks mate. turns out the secret is that you just have to do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Back
Top Bottom