Kosheen - Spies (Stepchild Remix)

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Here is msmith222 and I's entry for the Kosheen remix contest. Due to time constraints I had to give it my best bedroom mastering job via iZotope, so apologies if it lacks the polish of a pro mastering.

Once the contest is wrapped up (assuming we didn't win), we'll be happy to send this track (a properly mastered version) to anyone who wants it.

Comments, feedback, ritualistic sacrifices are all welcomed.

Cheers.

really nice Dancefloor stuff !

still needs a lil' polishing to really sound pro, maybe rework on the mixdown, because all the right elements seems to be here...
and the filtered Drums brought at 0'23 are a bit harsh for example

bigups ! :)

really nice Dancefloor stuff !

still needs a lil' polishing to really sound pro, maybe rework on the mixdown, because all the right elements seems to be here...
and the filtered Drums brought at 0'23 are a bit harsh for example

bigups ! :)

Thanks m8! We ran a bit too close to deadline so I had to do a quick & dirty mastering. We do plan on getting this track mastered properly though to get it that proper shine!

great track mate, was wondering when i would hear something from you!

Thank you kindly mr meh! We're a bit slow when it comes to finishing tracks as we tend to dwell and nitpick quite a bit :)

[Update]

Many thanks to everyone who listened and or commented on the remix, we sincerely appreciate it.

We didn't make the Top 13, but this was a good experience nonetheless. Next time we'll submit a track that's nothing but a loop so we can make sure we get in the Top. :rolleyes:

Regardless, we're getting this tune mastered and will be slinging it out for free. We'll post the link as soon as it's ready.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom