DnB Korn - Freak On A Leash (Polymer Remix)

Hi polymer, i think u are very brave taking on such a big song. Interesting take so. A few suggestions: 1) please look at the vox, sound a bit out of place st times (volume) 2) on my system here it sounds quite muddy, pls look at the midd and bass regions, needs more clarity imho (stereo effect of elements is cool though) 3) for me, the drums are too generic. Could be just me (I enjoy crafting layered drum sounds and cutting up beat elements) .. maybe u could look into that. Just a few thoughts, again, I admire u try difficult remixes! Well done, good work!

Hi polymer, i think u are very brave taking on such a big song. Interesting take so. A few suggestions: 1) please look at the vox, sound a bit out of place st times (volume) 2) on my system here it sounds quite muddy, pls look at the midd and bass regions, needs more clarity imho (stereo effect of elements is cool though) 3) for me, the drums are too generic. Could be just me (I enjoy crafting layered drum sounds and cutting up beat elements) .. maybe u could look into that. Just a few thoughts, again, I admire u try difficult remixes! Well done, good work!

Thanks as always for the feedback dude!

i agree with @maschinistom, you have a bit of clashing on the low end might want to have a look at your eq maybe use a spectrum analyser to make sure everything sits nicely, the drop at 3.13 is unreal really like it

i agree with @maschinistom, you have a bit of clashing on the low end might want to have a look at your eq maybe use a spectrum analyser to make sure everything sits nicely, the drop at 3.13 is unreal really like it

Thank's for the feedback, yeah I usually don't mix the sub-bass up this high so it's probably interfering with the main bassline a little. Glad you like that second drop! :2thumbs:

Nice ideas, the mixdown is really bad tho :/ The snare is a super muddy, the breaks as well are really dull. Needs a lot of work. Bass work is cool tho! Like the remix idea as a whole (y)

Thanks for your feedback, lots to think about moving forward!

Mate what a cool idea !! The intro is wicked !! Just when it comes to the drop need to clear up those sounds
but the idea is very clever, really well structured and put together & respect for remixing Korn - Maybe colab with someone, see if they can polish it up ??
Think the vocal needs to be a bit quieter , but keep at it fella, this could be really good ! The breakdown concept is well smart
Good on you uploading on youtube aswell, should get alot of hits :)

Mate what a cool idea !! The intro is wicked !! Just when it comes to the drop need to clear up those sounds
but the idea is very clever, really well structured and put together & respect for remixing Korn - Maybe colab with someone, see if they can polish it up ??
Think the vocal needs to be a bit quieter , but keep at it fella, this could be really good ! The breakdown concept is well smart
Good on you uploading on youtube aswell, should get alot of hits :)

Thanks for the feedback yeah gonna redo the mixdown at some point after i've worked on a newer track. Probably swap out the snare.

And yeah youtube has worked a lot better for me than soundcloud in terms of getting my music in front of people :)

Back
Top Bottom