Korg Nanokontrol 2 mapping

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by dj_merlin, Dec 17, 2012.

1. dj_merlin

dj_merlin Active Member

I bought a nanokontrol the other week as I wanted to try out having my laptop on a table to the side when using Traktor, but am having a hard time mapping it!

The furthest I got was mapping the buttons for scrolling up and down within a list (which wouldnt scroll that quickly), loading selected track to deck A, B, C, and then I got onto the scrolling.

I mapped the scrolling onto the knobs but seeing as they stop when twisted fully to the left and fully to the right, there is a limit to how far you can scroll! I also changed the sensitivity and acceleration values within the Traktor mapping, but still doesnt work well enough to fluently scroll and ditch touching the laptop altogether. If anyone has any advice, or even better, a mapping which that they could share it would be great :)

Also can't figure out if its possible to have the LED's stay on constantly?

2. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Dont know about anyone else, but your really not selling the nanokontrol to me haha.

3. dj_merlin

dj_merlin Active Member

Haha I know, I want it to work! Can see it being good if mapped properly, but really dont understand how the scrolling issue can be overcome

4. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

The problem youre facing is due to the rotary encoder youre using for the task not being endless.

The midi control youre using has a static value of 0 - 127, as such this has to directly correlate to a value in traktor. You might have some succes by mapping a separate button to, when triggered or held down, stop the encoder from scrubbing through your tracklist so you can wind it all the way to the left again so you can scroll some more when you dis-engage the button. You'd do this using modifiers.

To be honest though, the controller youre using isnt suited to the task at hand. Ideally you need an endless rotary encoder for the job. See Kontrol X1